page 18

Venus

Venus

I sit un the car, with me feet up on the dash as I talk to Comet who's driving next to me. Jack, Finn and Jaeden are in the middle seats, and Jupiter and Wyatt are in the back.

"Are you ready for this move?" Comet asks me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I say looking out the window.

"So have you guys done anything yet?" He whispers.

"What?" I ask looking at him.

"You and Finn." He says.

My mouth drops open and I hit his arm making him laugh, "Comet! We're only 15!"

"Jupiter's acting weird." I say, "Like she's distant and she's never been like this before.  Would you know why?"

He shakes his head and I look out the window again.

I reach my hand back over the center council to where Finn is in the back seat, I feel him grab my hand which makes me smile.

Everything just feel better with him.

•••

We pull into the airport and all of us pile out, and grab our things. I grab a backpack I got from Comet around my shoulders.

"Ve?" Jupiter asks softly.

"Isn't this great, Jup! We're finally leaving this shit hole! Going to a new place, going to be happy—Jupiter what's wrong?" I get carried away with excitement, but when I look at her I notice she's not smiling, her eyes are watering.

"I-I'm not going to Bora Bora with you guys." She tells me, I feel everyone stop around me.

"What?" I ask softly, confused.

"I'm going with Wy, to Australia to my dad. He said he'd let us live with him." I feel tears pool into my eyes but I try to hold them back. 

"Y-you're leaving me? Us, you're new family?" I fail and start to cry, I take a step back from her not believing what's happening .

"I'm so sorry, Ve—"

"No, don't. First you make me feel like we'll be happy forever, you run away with me, start this new family, now you leave me?! Y-you said we're sisters! We'd be together forever!" I cry, I do want her to be happy and do what she wants, but I didn't think that her being happy would include leaving me.

"Venus—"

"Finn, please stay out of this." I stick my hand out looking at him.

"Venus I'm so sorry. We are sisters, we are family, all of us. But I also have family in Australia. We'll see each other again. You have Finn, and Comet now. Jaeden and Jack will be with you. You'll be happy, Ve. You have everyone." She whispers, I want her to be happy with her family, but I don't want her to leave, I have so many emotions right now I can't control myself.

"I love you, Ve. I love you so much, you're forever and always my sister, okay?" She asks, looking at me, "Never forget that." She says as she pulls me to her and hugs me, I hug her back.

"I fucking hate you right now." I cry onto her shoulder.

"I know." She cry's too. We pull away and I watch her every move as she hugs everyone else.  This could be the last time I ever see her.

"We'll see each other again, don't worry. We're going to miss our flight. I love you guys." She grabs Wyatt's hand and starts to walk away.

I stand there watching them walk away. I just let the tears slowly roll down my cheeks.

"Ve, we have to go our flight takes off in five." Finn say grabbing my hand.

"H-hang on." I pull my hand out of his and start running.

"Jupiter!" I yell and she turns around, I throw myself into her, she catches me almost falling over.

"You get a phone and you contact me the second you can, got it?" I ask.  She nods and I let go of her.

I quickly run back to everyone else and grab Finn.

"You're a bitch!" I yell at Jupiter as we walk our separate ways.

"And you're an asshole." She yells back at me making me smile.

"Everything will be okay right?" I ask Finn, "As long as I have you."

He nods, "I'll never leave you." He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I grab his hand on my shoulder.

"Good, having you and Jupiter gone would be the death of me." I smile. 

"Off to our new home." He says.

"Our new life." I smile.

"Together." He says and quickly pecks my lips.

"Together." I whisper.  I glance back again and see Jupiter no where in sight.  I hope to see her again.

•••
well that's the end.. sadly..... very very much sadly < sorry can't english rn
- hayden