page 12

venus

venus

I sit there with my fingers crossed hoping Jupiter will agree to what me and the others have presented to her.

"But guys.... We started a fire, ran without paying for things multiple times, and now you want to steal six bracelets for the fair? And sneak in?" She asks, reminding us of our crimes.

"Yes. We do." I nod multiple times.

"We won't get caught! Please? Then we can go pay for movie tickets and then movie hop, sound good?" Jaeden asks.

"If we get caught? I'm with Jupiter... It's risky. There are police there." Finn says looking at the big risk that we're about to take.

"We won't, Finn. Let's have fun for one day. Please?" Jack pleads.

"Let's go, you and Venus will be the distraction and Jack will steal them and then we'll all meet up at the gate." Wyatt says.

She looks as us then nods, "Let's get going then." She says getting out of the car with her backpack.

Finn, Wyatt, Jupiter and I walk up to the ticket booth, Jupiter and I start to run, just like the plan that Jack and Jaeden had.

I run away from Wyatt, but him being harder than me he grabs my wrist and spins me around.

I stare at the ground and make myself smaller as he towers over me.

He yanks my arm, "Where is it?" He growls.

"I-I don't know!" I yell out. I think we could totally be cast in a movie, we're pretty damn good at acting if you ask me.

"HEY BOYS!" The man behind the ticket booth yells. He walks out from the ticket booth and Finn and Wyatt run away and I run to Jupiter who's on the ground.

"You girls okay? What did those boys want?" The man asks us.

I help her off the ground, "Thank you for stoping them, sir. We go to school with them... They got mad that we wouldn't do their homework." I say then mentally slap myself on the forehead.. really Venus? You could come up with anything better?

"You hurt your knee," I look behind the man and watch as Jack grabs the bracelets, "Do you need a bandaid, I have some in my—" He starts to turn around.

"No sir, thank you so much for helping. We should get going, our mom wants us." Jupiter smiles at him. Jack runs off with the bracelets and Jupiter and I walk away but then run around cars to the broken gate.

"Here," Finn says and puts my bracelet on for me making me smile. I do the same for him, he tried to deny my offer but I wouldn't let him.

"Groups?" Jupiter asks and everyone nods.

"Jack, Finn and I, you Jaeden and Wyatt?" I ask.

"I'm okay with that," Jupiter nods and we sneak in.