page 16

venus

venus

"He was going to hurt us Venus!" Jupiter says in the quiet car. We've stolen another car and we've been driving for a couple hours, the whole ride it's been quiet.

"Doesn't mean you have to kill the man!" I say, I fix my folded arm on my chest and slouch more.

"Ve, I'm so-"

"Just stop talking." I say while staring out the window, I hear her sigh and lean back so she's sitting in her seat again.

"Aren't you being a little too much?" Finn asks leaning over and whispering in my ear causing me to turn to look at him.

"She killed someone Finn, I was fine with the other stuff but now it's just gone too far, our fingerprints are all over that water park, which leads us to the crime." I say to him then turn to look out the window again.

I sigh and rest my head on the window as every thought I could ever have floods my mind. All the bad thoughts to be exact.

At least we're going to Comet, he'll get us out of here.

•••

We pull onto a dirt road and I sit up looking out the front window. I smile when we pull up to a small house in the middle of nowhere.

"We're here." I smile, I open the door before the car is stopped and get out, I run up to the house and just stare at the door.

Soon enough everyone's around me.

"Are you going to knock on it?" Jupiter asks.

"What if he doesn't even remember me?" I ask.

"Don't think bad thoughts now." Jaeden says, "We're here, we're finally here." He says making me smile.

I step forward and knock on the door stepping back to where I was before.

A girl with long blonde hair, opens the door.

"Uh, hi is Comet here?" I ask.

"Why?" She snottily asks.

"Uh- well, I'm his little sister." I say.

"He doesn't want to see you." She says staring at me then looks at everyone around me, "Or your little vermin friends."

She goes to shut the door but someone sticks their foot in the doorway propping it open.

"First of all, were not vermin's. Second of all, we have traveled a very long way just to see him, so he's going to see us if he likes it or not." Jack says and pushes the girl in the house, he opens the door and motions for us to walk in.

"Comet?!" I yell out. Someone quickly comes running to the living room.

"Ve? Is that you?" He asks, I smile running to hug him.

He hugs me back, "I've been waiting forever, took you long enough." He smiles.

"You're snotty girlfriend said you didn't want to see us." I let go of Comet and see Jupiter standing with her arms crossed tapping her foot on the ground.

"Oh!" I back up from Comet and motion to my friends. "Comet, this is Jupiter, Jack, Jaeden, Finn, and Wyatt." I say pointing to them in order.

"Nice to meet you all." He smiles.

"We have a bit of a problem." Jupiter says walking up to Comet, "We need to leave America." She says.

"Oh- okay, I know a guy." He nods, "I've been planning on moving to Bora Bora." He says.

"Yes that'd be amazing!" I clap.

"But your girlfriend can't come." Jupiter says motioning to the slutty looking girl.

"That not fa-"

"So when do we go?" Finn asks cutting the girl off.

"Comet! Can I talk to you for a second?!" The growls through gritted teeth and grabs his arm, pulling him to a different room.

"Why is she here?" I hear her ask, she's not exactly quiet.

"She's my sister Skyler-"

"I don't care, get rid of her." She snaps.

"I'm not getting rid of her, Sky." He says.

"Well, you can keep her.. or keep me." She walks out of the room and gives me a fake smile before grabbing car keys and leaving the house.

"What a slutty, insane, crack addict, displeasing to look at, self-centered, controlling, worthless son of a bitch." I hear Jupiter whisper making me chuckle.

"Well, I didn't think she'd react like that." Comet says coming out from the room, "She's not good with new people."

"Yeah obviously." Jupiter says. I hit her arm and she flinches rubbing the spot I hit.

"It's fine, but she still can't come." I say agreeing with what Jupiter said earlier.

"I'd choose my sister over any girl." He says and hugs me again.

"Oh stop." I punch his arm, he groans but then laughs.

"So, 1,2,3,4,5,6..7! Plane tickets to Bora Bora coming right up, let me just make the call." He says and leaves the room.

"I told you this would work." I nudge Jupiter, she stares at me the. slowly smiles.

"I'll never doubted you for a second." She says putting me in a headlock.

"Bullshit!" I yell playfully fighting with her.

I knew this was going to be a good idea.

•••
we're almost done woop
- hayden