page 3

venus

venus

Shit. All I can think about is how shit this is going. It was going so well, until this happened. Our only way out of getting to... wherever the hell were going, is now on the brink of death.

We're almost out of gas.

"There should be a gas station down here somewhere..." I mumble looking for a gas station is this ghost town.

"Well, if there's not—we're fucked," Jupiter says, "There!" She blurts, I look to where she's pointing and quickly serve into the gas station in front of a pump.

I get out to pump and Jupiter gets out to pay.

"I'll go in and pay and then we can grab some food and snacks for the road." She grabs her wallet and I nod.

I stare at the big thing in front of me, this can't be that hard.

I take off the gas cap and pick up the pump placing it in the car, hmm.. premium? let's get premium.

I press premium and the tank starts to fill, I like how we can fill before paying first it's pretty nice.

The gas tank is full so I take the thing out and decide to go into the store to see what's taking Jupiter so long.

"I'm done! Let me get snacks—" I say walking in but I get cut off.

"JAEDEN! Are you even fucking doing your goddamned job?" A buff man from the back shouts. He has a beer in his hand and an angry look on his face.

"Yes dad," I look at where the smaller voice comes from and see a young boy behind the counter, "They're just about to leave, they just paid for their food."

The man, Jaeden's dad looks at us then growls out and slaps Jaeden across the face, making Jupiter and I give his dad a glare.

"What the fuck! Are you going to let them walk off with-"

"ASSHOLE!" I walk up to the counter and slam my hands on it, "Do not put your hands on a child! You got that?" I growl.

"Excuse me?" The man growls.  He gives me an angry look, the same exact look my dad used to give me, making me uncomfortable I slowly get smaller and look down.

"Want me to hit you? What you going to do about it, little miss?!"

"You don't even know me." I whisper, guessing that the guy heard it he steps closer to me making me step back.  So many flashbacks of my dad are coming up, I did my best.. I'm still doing my best to get away from him so why is he still here?

He laughs as I step back again. He raises his arm and the slaps me on the cheek, I go from seeing the man to sleeping the floor, I slowly raise my hand and feel the part he slapped.

I start to get angry, you don't even know me and you think you can hit me? I start to breath heaven I swear you could see smoke coming out of my ears

I hear a scream causing me to look up, I see Jupiter jump on his back, "You're a sick fuck! Putting your hands on children? Have you got no respect? Will? Morals? You're a disgusting freak!"

He stumbles around as she hits him on his shoulders, back and head, I run up and punch him on his stomach and balls making him fall to his knees.

He groans in pain and i smile to myself, then Jaeden walks up and punches him in the temple, and his dad falls back.

"Asshole," Jaeden mumbles, "Thank you guys for that... Fill up your car and take as much stuff as you want, okay?"

Jupiter and I grab a cooler and start to fill it up with drinks and other foods, we have two coolers by the time we're done and the car is full.

We sit in the car, glance at Jaeden staring at us then look back at the keys and start the car.

"I feel bad. What's going to happen when he wakes up?" Jupiter asks making me look at her.

"I don't know... Is that our problem?" I ask, "I mean not to be rude, but we've been dealing with those parents our whole life..."

"Yeah, that's the point. Are we going to leave another one of us behind? Just like that?" She turns and looks at me, I look away from her and press my lips together thinking.

"I..." I pause in thought, then look at her again, "You're right. Go get him—and some alcohol! I'm feeling frisky." I laugh.

She runs out of the car and into the store.

I watch them move around the store talking to each other, I then notice that his dad is starting to wake up.

I honk the horn and Jupiter comes running out with a box, she puts it behind my seat and moves the other boxes over so Jaden has room.

"GET IN! GO!" Jaeden screams and I see his dad running out behind him. Jupiter quickly gets in next to me and Jaeden gets in the back, I quickly start to drive away but I hear his dad kick the back of the car as we drive away.

I smile as I watch his angry figure disappear in the rear view mirror.

"Welcome to our unnamed club of run aways. I'm Venus St. Clair and this is Jupiter Fall. It's nice to meet you Jaeden..." I smile.

"Jaeden Lieberher. I'm Jaeden Lieberher. Nice to meet you two." Jaeden says, I hear Jupiter turn around in her seat to look at him.

"Well, Jaeden. Looking at your home life, you're going to fit in very well here." She says causing us all to smile. 

I never expected us to get another person, but I think this is a good idea, if we can run away and create the life we've wanted... then why can't others?

•••
oh shit it's jaeden
HEY OUR NAMES  RHYME
- hayden