page 5

venus

venus

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Jaeden yells and hits the steering wheel causing me and Jupiter to jump up from sleeping.

"What's going on?" I notice we're not moving anymore and the car is off.

"We're broken down." He sighs laying his head on the steering wheel.

"We're in the middle of no where and it's going to be dark soon, we have no choice but to go on foot and find somewhere to stay." Jupiter says getting out of the car, Jaeden and I follow her lead and get out of the car.

"Are there wolves?" Jaeden asks staying close to us.

"Jaeden.. how old are you?" I ask turning around and walking backwards.

"15.. why?" He asks.  We hear a howl making him jump and run up closer to us.

"Oh, no reason." I laugh at him.

I turn back around and look at Jupiter, she seems very determined on finding a house, kinda tense.

"Are you okay Jupiter?" I ask placing my hand in her shoulder.

"There!" She yells pointing, "You see those lights? There's a house!" She starts to run for the house catching me and Jaeden off guard.

"Wha- Hey! What up!" We yell running after her.

We stop running and stand outside the house, it's only and the paint is chipping.

"It looks haunted." Jaeden says.

"There's lights so someone's home." I say.

"Those are the porch lights, some people just keep them on doesn't mean anyone's home." Jupiter says.

"Are we staying here?" Jaeden asks.

"Do we have another choice?" Jupiter responds.

We hear another howl that's closer, they both jump and run up towards the house making me laugh at them.

"Stop being babies, lets go." I reach in the post slot and unlock the door, we walk in and turn on a light.

We enter a large house, everything is wooden and old fashioned but it's still nice, it looks better on the inside than it does on the outside.

I split up from them and go up the large staircase.

I look in a room and all of a sudden I hear a gun cock.  I slowly raise my arms up and turn around.

"W-Who are you?" I see a young boy, around my age pointing a gun at me.

"Hey, you might want to put that down before you hurt yourself." I respond to him, he slowly reaches his arm out and turns the light on.

"Hey!" He smile and puts the fun down, "I've seen you on the news."

"The news?" I ask lowering my arms down.

"Yeah, you and your friend with short blonde hair." He says, "I've hard you guys have been traveling."

I quickly run passed him and down the stairs.

"Jupiter!" I yell and she comes running to me.

"What? Venus! What's wrong?" She asks looking at me with worried eyes.

"We're on the news!" I say breathing heavily.

"Wh-what?" She quickly turns around and turns the tv on.

"The cops are on the look out for three children, one male, two females." A picture of us pop up on the corner of the screen. "They are wanted for robbery and battery assault, if you see them call the police, if you have any information on them, call the police, it is said that they are run aways so be on the look out everywhere."

"Shit." Jupiter says scratching the back of her head.

"What now?" Jaeden asks.

"We have to stay low for a while, get farther away." I say.  We all stare at the tv as they continue to talk about us.

"You could stay here for tonight." A voice makes us all turn around.  Now that he's in the light I can get a better look at him, he doesn't wear skinny jeans and he's wearing a tight button up shirt.

"Who are you?" Jupiter asks.

"Oh-uh, I'm Jack, Jack Grazer."

"Age?" I ask.

"Does it really ma-"

"She asked you a question." Jaeden interrupts him making me smile.

"Uh, 14.  Who are you guys?" He asks.

"Venus St. Claire, Jaeden Lieberher, and I'm Jupiter Falls." She says pointing to us as she says our names.

"You really won't mind if we can crash here?" Jaeden asks.

"No but only under one condition." He says holding up a finger.

"And that is?" Jupiter asks placing her hand on her hip.

"I get to come with you." We all stare at him, "My parents don't pay attention to me, they honestly probably forgot I exist, so they won't even notice if I leave, they won't call the cops."

Jupiter, Jaeden and I exchange glances.

"Okay fine." I say, "But if you get us caught we're leaving you." I throw myself on the couch.

"Are they any close shops around?" Jupiter asks looking at his clothes, I laugh knowing what she's talking about.

"Just down the road, by the train station why?" He asks.

"Well, one, we all need new clothes, two, you need a new style." She says motioning her finger up and down pointing to his clothes.

"Okay guy, lets get some shut eye, I have a plan for tomorrow." I smile and close my eyes on the couch.

"There's beds upstairs if you guys want to sleep on a bed." Jack says.

"I'm fine here but the others can go." I say not opening my eyes, I hear the other two follow him upstairs, Jack turns the light off swallowing me in darkness.

Tomorrow, we'll go far, we'll go real far.

•••
dang having a life like this would be really exciting and honestly sounds pretty nice
- hayden