Chapter 24- Time To Let Go

3 weeks later

Jung Hoseok-

I laughed as she tried to look away from the spoon.

"Come on, Hyeri. You know you have to eat." I said. She was getting weaker be the day, but we tried to spend our last days together as happy as possible.

"Okay, okay." She said as she opened her mouth. I fed her some of the soup my mother made for her. I told my mother everything, and she allowed me to stay as long as I needed for Hyeri. We suddenly heard a knock on the door, and soon we were covered in warm hugs, mostly by Taehyung.

"We missed you guys." Taehyung and Jungkook said at the same time. Jimin, Namjoon, and Seokjin gave us bags of food and even flowers too.

"And guess who's here too." Yoongi hyung said. Jinri and Joon came out from behind him, and they ran to hug us.

"Appa, why don't you come visit us anymore?" Jinri said as she hugged me. Joon looked like he was about to cry.

"Yeah, we missed you." He said. Hyeri stroked his hair.

"I'm sorry, Joon. Omma has been very sick." I said. He looked up at Hyeri and kissed her cheek.

"Well, I hope that makes you feel better." He said with a wide smile.

"Aww." Everybody said simultaneously. Everyone stayed over for the rest of the day to keep us company.

Taehyung was coloring with Jinri, and Jungkook was showing a magic trick to Joon. Yoongi hyung was asleep in the corner of the room, and the rest were talking. Hyeri smiled at all of them.

"Don't we seem like a family?" She said. I nodded back at her.

"Yeah, we do." I said happily. Soon everybody left, and I went back to my room.

"Goodnight." I said to her before leaving.

"Goodnight. I'll dream of you first, okay?" She said with a laugh.

                                                                     ***

I woke up to the sound of loud knocking on my door.

"Hoseok!" I heard someone say. I opened the door to find Namjoon standing there, red eyed.

"Hoseok, it's time." He said. My heart dropped straight to the ground. With every step I took to Hyeri's room, the more scared I felt. When I got to her room, she was lying in her bed. The beeping in the monitor was slightly off rythym. Her breathing was strained and trembly, and her lips were dry. Her skin was pale yellow, but she gave me a small smile. I got into the bed next to her and faced her.

"I have something to confess. I took the list that you made, and I tried to accomplish each and every one of them." I said to her. She gave a slight chuckle.

"It's too bad, we didn't finish everything on the list." She said to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I put down that I wanted to make a difference in someone's life. I don't think I got to do it." She said quietly. I smiled to myself.

"You made a difference in mine." I replied. A small smile tugged at her lips.

She traced her fingers along my face and wiped the tears that were falling.

"Don't be so sad, Hoseok." She said. That just made more tears come out.

"Promise me something." She whispered. I looked into her eyes. I'll miss those eyes.

"What?"

"I want you to promise me that you'll be happy, even when I'm gone." She said.

"That way I can always be with you. Right in here. Promise me?" She said as she pointed to my heart. I pulled her into my arms, but I said nothing. I pretended that I didn't hear or feel anything after that.

I pretended not to hear the monitor flatline.

I pretended not to hear her breathing slow down.

I pretended not to feel her heartbeat stop.

But mostly, I pretended not to hear her say goodbye.