Chapter 14- One Day

Kim Hyeri-

I woke up in a soft and comfortable bed. Oh, wait. This is my bed. I sat up and stretched, yawning in the process. But then I thought of something that made my eyes go wide. Where is Hoseok? I thought we were on a date. So we went to a karaoke lounge but then I . . .

I gasped in shock as I recalled what happened last night. Did I really pass out? I face-palmed myself. Hoseok must have probably freaked out.

"I should explain to him what happened." I said to myself as I changed my clothes. I opened my door to go to his room, but I jumped in shock to see him already standing at my door. He had flowers in one hand, and a bag in his other hand.

"Hoseok?!" I said with wide eyes. He chuckled a little bit and looked down at the bag.

"Could I come in?" He asked. I opened the door and he put the flowers in the vase next to my bed. I touched its soft yellow petals with a smile. How did he even know that these were my favorite flowers?

"I got you some of my mom's homemade beef stew. She insisted I give it to you. I also got you lots of vanilla cream buns in case you were hungry." He said while looking in the bag. He finally turned to me with a concerned face.

"Hyeri, are you okay? Were you just really tired last night?" He asked. Should I tell him? But he would freak out.

"I was just . . . tired." I finally said. He walked up to me and surprisingly wrapped me in his arms. I closed my eyes and enjoyed his warmness.

"Hopefully this will energize you." He said said softly. We stayed like this, silent and just sharing each others warmth.

"Let's go on a date, Hoseok." I said. He pulled away from me and looked at me.

"A date?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Just the two of us. I really want to make up yesterday's date. We can go wherever you'd like." I said.

"I have a place in mind." He said with a smile.

                                                                      ***

"Close your eyes!" He said with a laugh. I covered my eyes with my hands. It was so tempting not to open my eyes. He held me by my shoulders and we walked for a little while.

"Okay, you can open them." He finally said. I opened my eyes and gasped in amazement. Around me were beautiful cherry blossoms. My eyes swam in the soft pink colors that attached itself with each intricate petal. A soft breeze was blowing, and the trees shook happily with it.

"Hoseok, I . . ." I started to say. I was at lost for words. How did he even know that I wanted to see Cherry Blossom trees? He stood there, happily looking at the trees. I could see a smile form at his eyes, and soft dimples rested on his cheek. I walked up to him and gave him a hug. I buried my head in his chest and closed my eyes.

"Thank you." I whispered softly. He wrapped his arms around me and lightly kissed the top of my forehead.

"Your welcome." He whispered back.

Jung Hoseok-

We got into the car after we saw the Cherry Blossom trees. But the day wasn't over yet.

"There is one more thing." I said to her. She nodded and smiled. I drove to South Reed beach quickly. Once I parked the car, we both walked to the sand.

"What are we looking for?" She asked. I just smiled at her. We must have stood there for about ten minutes until I realized that maybe we should do something to pass the time.

"Want to get ice cream?" I asked.

                                                                       ***

She ordered an ice cream sundae with chocolate fudge and rainbow sprinkles.

"Are you really going to eat all of that by yourself?" I asked. She laughed and nodded her head.

"Why not?" She asked. When we finally got it, my eyes widened. This thing is huge!

"I don't think you can finish this." I said. She crossed her arms in determination.

"I'll make you a bet. If I don't finish this, you can give me any punishment. But if I finish it, you owe me a kiss." She said with evil eyes. I shook my head.

"We're just making bets left and right, aren't we? Well either way, I win." I said while she clutched the spoon. I sat there, and watched her as she scooped ice cream into her mouth. I stared at her in amazement. How could all that ice cream fit in her?

Finally, she scooped the last bit of ice cream into her mouth and grinned.

"Pay up, Jung Hoseok." She said with a smirk. I shook my head and leaned closer. She closed her eyes, prepared for me to kiss her. I laughed internally at how cute she was. Instead of kissing her lips, I kissed her cheek and walked away. She opened her eyes and yelled.

"That's not fair!" She said with a laugh. I intertwined my fingers with hers and walked to the beach. Once we got there, her mouth dropped open.

A fiery, orange sunset set the sky ablaze, and its glow reflected on our faces. We just stood there, watching the sunset and its luminous glow waving goodbye to us.

                                                                       ***

It made my heart ache to say goodbye once we got to the hospital.

"I don't want to say goodbye." I said to her. A laugh escaped her lips.

"You act like you won't see me tomorrow." She said while swinging our hands.

"But, still . . ." I said sadly. She tiptoed and kissed the top of my forehead.

"Dream of me, Hoseok." She said before closing the door. My hearteu, my hearteu.

I laughed happily as I made my way to my room.

Kim Hyeri-

As I closed the door behind me, I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Hoseok, what are you doing to me?" I asked myself with a laugh. I layed down on my bed and stared at the yellow flowers until I fell asleep.