Chapter 11- The List

Jung Hoseok-

I couldn't sleep well last night. Sweat trickled down my forehead as I contemplated on everything that could go wrong on our date. I decided to call Yoongi hyung for advice.

"Whoever this is, I don't owe you any money."

"Hyung? This is me, Hoseok."

"Hoseok? I thought I told you not to call me when I am sleeping. Didn't I email you my sleeping schedule?"

"Sorry, this is urgent."

"Ok, continue."

"She said yes. Hyeri said yes to the date."

"I was there, remember? And why the sad voice? Aren't you supposed to be happy and celebrating?"

"I'm more nervous than that, hyung."

"Oh, is that why you called? Listen, if you're feeling nervous, just remember that no date is perfect. If you mess up, that's okay. Chances are she is probably feeling the same way too. So just have fun and relax, okay? Everything will be set up when you get to the rooftop. Now can I go back to sleep?"

"Yes, hyung."

I put down my phone and nodded.

"Yoongi hyung is right. No date is perfect." I muttered to myself. I stared at the blank and empty ceiling for a long time. I didn't realize time passed so quickly. As soon as my alarm rang when it was 7:30 P.M, I prepared myself and went down to the garden below to grab some flowers.

My hands were sweaty, and I kind of crushed the flowers a little bit. When I knocked on her door, it felt like knocking on death's door. But all of that went away when I saw her.

Instead of wearing her hospital gown, she was wearing a lacy, lavender dress with short black heels. She had a silver heart locket at her neck. Her hair was in a braid, and there were tiny white flowers placed in her hair. Her lips were soft and pink, and her eyes were still it's beautifully odd golden-brown color.

"Hyeri . . . You look so amazing, I don't even know where to start." I said. "I must be acting like an idiot, aren't I?"

"No, no." She said with a laugh. "It's cute."

I think my heart almost stopped when she said that. I handed her the flowers, and she smiled gratefully. She put it in a water-filled vase next to her bed.

"Well, come on in. I actually have to find my earrings first, so it might take awhile. Make yourself comfortable." I heard her say before walking into her bathroom and closing the door. I looked around her room and smiled. Her room was a perfect reflection of her, cute and cozy. I sat on her bed and noticed a bright yellow paper lying there. I picked it up and read it:

                     13 Things:

1.) Go to a karaoke lounge
2.) Make a cake
3.) Have fun at the beach
4.) Watch the sunset
5.) Volunteer at an orphanage
6.) Give money to a street performer
7.) Watch a sad movie, and not cry
8.) Spend half of the day at a carnival
9.) Admire Cherry Blossom trees
10.) Make a difference in someone's life
11.) Have matching keychains with someone, then throw it out in the ocean
12.) Have a picnic
13.) Go stargazing with a special person

I smiled widely after I read this. These are things Hyeri would definetely want to do. I heard her bathroom door open, so I quickly put the note in my pocket and stood up.

"Are you ready?" She asked. Her hands were trembling a little bit. Yoongi hyung was right. She was nervous too. I grabbed her cold hands and interlocked my fingers with hers.

"Let's go." I said happily.

Kim Hyeri-

When we were walking to the rooftop, I tried to control my breathing a little bit. Did I overdress? I looked to my right and stared at Hoseok. He wore a plain white T-shirt with a navy blue blazer. His hair was pushed back from his forehead, and he had dog tags around his neck. How could anyone look so good wearing something so simple?

He smiled when he caught me staring at him. I looked away, embarrased to stare at him again. When we reached the rooftop, there was a soft sunset forming. Even when we ate, a gentle orange glowed around us.

After we ate, we sat at a bench at the edge of the rooftop. We didn't say anything at all, but stared out into the city and its twinkling lights.

"I liked this date." I finally said. I could see him smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Me too." He said quietly.

"Hyeri, let's play rock, paper, scissors." He said suddenly. I looked at him with a confused face, which made him laugh.

"Okay, here is the deal. I want to take you on nine more dates. If I win in rock, paper, scissors, I get to take you on those nine dates. If you win, we don't go on those nine dates and you get to decide any punishment on me, okay?" He said quickly. I nodded my head and cracked my knuckles. I am not one to lose rock, paper, scissors.

We both extended our hands.

"Rock, paper, scissors!"