Chapter 6 - Unending Heartbeat

Jung Hoseok-

I made my way towards the cafeteria and rubbed my eyes. I didn't get much sleep last night because of . . . well you know who. I grabbed a whole bunch of vanilla cream bread and made my way towards the rooftop. I almost dropped all my bread when I saw who was already there.

"H-hyeri?" I called out. She looked up and smiled. I gasped at what she was putting on the bench. Containers and containers of food.

"Omelet, soybean stew, rice balls, vegetable pancakes, octopus and shrimp dumplings, stir-fried beef and pork, and a whole pot of green tea." She said while pointing at each container. I sat down, dumbfounded and hungry. She giggled at my reaction.

"Dig in, Hoseok. I just want to repay you back for the first time you got me a vanilla bun." She said to me while handing me a pair of chopsticks. I ate each food, savoring its flavor, until I realized that she wasn't eating. Instead she was staring at me, with a cute expression on her face.

"Aren't you eating?" I asked her. She just shook her head and grinned.

"I am satisfied just watching you eat." She said. I used my chopsticks to pick up a dumpling, and scooted closer to her.

"Open wide." I said laughing. She laughed and opened her mouth. She chewed on the dumpling and smiled. I grabbed a napkin and wiped the sides of her mouth, which was messy.

"Aigoo, so cute." I said to her. She looked at me with a funny face and it almost looked like she was going to say something, but instead she looked away. Even as I continued to feed her, she refused to look at me.

"Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" I asked her while I turned her face towards me. She shook her head and stood up quickly.

"Enjoy your food, Hoseok." She said while she ran towards the door. I was going to stand up and follow her, but the food was just lying there. So I quickly closed all the containers, and chased after her. For a small and skinny girl, she is fast. She ran into her room and shut her door.

Kim Hyeri-

I shut the door behind me and leaned on it. I heard him pound on the door and shout.

"Hyeri, why did you run off like that? Hyeri, please answer me." He pleaded. I sunk down to the bottom of the door and put my chin on my knees. Please just go, Hoseok. Please.

After what seemed like forever, I finally heard his footsteps falter. I sighed, relieved. But even though he wasn't near me, my heart wouldn't stop beating loudly. I curled my hand into a fist and pounded on my heart.

"What's with you today? Are you having fun in there?" I asked my heart. I just sat in that position for the rest of the day.

Why did he have to call me cute? Why does he have to make my heart ache? No, Hyeri. You can't like him. You just can't.