Chapter 4 - Feeling Warm

Kim Hyeri-

I walked down the quiet hallway slowly. It was pretty dark, and an eerie feeling kept creeping up on me. I shook off the feeling and walked quickly to my brother's office. I found his secretary at her desk, stapling some papers from a huge pile. She saw me and smiled.

"Jennie unnie!" I exclaimed happily. She ran up to me and hugged me. As I hugged her, I wondered why my brother didn't date her already.

"Unnie, is my brother making you work too hard?" I asked with a laugh. She just shook her head and smiled.

"Don't worry about me, Hyeri. Do you want me to tell your brother that you're here?" She asked.

"Yes, please." I said with a smile. She walked into his office with her clipboard.

"Dr. Kim, your sister is here. Should I let her in?" She said. I heard him get up from his chair.

"Yes, please." I heard him say. She turned to me and nodded her head, and I walked into his office. He smiled at me and hugged me tightly. I couldn't breathe for a second.

"Joonie, I missed you!" I said as I made a heart with my arms. He hated being called Joonie, so he looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"For the last time, don't call me that. It makes me feel like a child." He said, ruffling my hair. I sat down on a thick blue chair across from the chair he sat down in.

"So, how are you feeling?" He asked. I gave him a big thumbs up.

"I feel great, Namjoon-oppa." I replied with a smile. He shook his head and laughed.

"You tell me that all the time. How are you really feeling?" He asked seriously. My mind suddenly went back to Hoseok and his dimpled smile. I smiled at the thought of him.

"I really do feel great. I met a really nice boy." I said happily. His eyebrows went up as soon as I said that.

"Who is he? Do I know this boy? Has he ever been convicted of a crime? Who is this jerk that my little sister's in love with?" He asked quickly. I stared at him and giggled.

"First of all, he is not a jerk, I just told you he was nice. Second of all, I am not in love with him. And third of all, I thought you knew your patients." I said. He squinted his eyes at me.

"So he is a patient here?" He said slowly. I nodded my head vigorously.

"Well, he did have a hospital gown. And he had a patients bracelet." I said. He seemed unsure of what I just said.

"What is his name?" He asked.

"Jung Hoseok" I said with a smile. My brother's eyes widened at that.

"Hoseok? Did he wear a beanie? A black one?" I nodded my head.

"Yup. That's him." I said, grinning. He nodded his head carefully.

"Okay. You can go now." He said, turning his attention to his clipboard. I was going to argue and say that I wanted to stay, but I know that it would be no use. Once my brother wants something to be done, it will be done. I stood up and sighed. My brother is really weird.

I exited his office and made my way towards my room. I saw someone standing at my door and smiled when I realized who it was.

"Hoseok!" I said with a wave.

Jung Hoseok-

We sat on the rooftop while we ate a vanilla cream bun together. She swung her pale legs happily over the edge. As we sat together, I hummed the tune to her song. She stopped swinging her legs and faced me.

"Be honest with me, Hoseok. Was my song really that good?" She asked me with a serious face.

"The best I have ever heard." I said, smiling. She smiled back, but tears filled up in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she wiped her eyes.

"It's just that . . . no one really paid attention to my music. I am glad you were the first." She said with a big smile. She moved closer to me and hugged me tight. I don't think my heart has ever beaten this fast, so I was really worried.

Oh well, I wasn't going to sleep tonight anyways.