COUNTDOWN 3

When I regained my consciousness, I found myself tied up on the bed with a handkerchief tied to my mouth. I looked around the bedroom to find out where I was.

Suddenly Jong Dae came in with a plate of fried rice in his hand. Jong Dae sat on the edge of my bed and then he removed the handkerchief from my mouth. "You must be hungry now. I made fried rice for you," said Jong Dae. Jong Dae scooped one spoon of fried rice to feed me. "Come on... Aa~" said Jong Dae, telling me to open my mouth. Instead of opening my mouth, I looked at Jong Dae with a disbelieving stare.

I stared at Jong Dae and asked, "Who are you?" Jong Dae asked confusedly, "What do you mean who am I?" Jong Dae said with a laugh, "Of course I am Kim Jong Dae." "No, you are not Kim Jong Dae. Kim Jong Dae that I know is a very nice person. He will never do this to anyone," I said. "Then you don't know Kim Jong Dae well," said Jong Dae. "Then tell me who Kim Jong Dae really is," I said.

Jong Dae said in a low voice, "He is not a good person because he wants to kill his haraboji." I asked in shock, "Why does he want to kill his haraboji?" Jong Dae fell silent for a minute and then he said, "Because his haraboji has taken away his beloved eomma." Suddenly Jong Dae's eyes became teary. I looked at Jong Dae sadly and mumbled in hushed voice, "Jong Dae-ssi..." "So, I am not your oppa anymore," Jong Dae said with a sad chuckle.

Jong Dae placed the fried rice on the bedside table, then he looked away from me and stared at the ceiling. I asked carefully, "What happened to your eomma?" Jong Dae replied while holding back his anger, "My eomma was detected suffering from leukemia a few years ago. That time I called haraboji and begged him to save my eomma. We needed a lot of money for eomma's surgery but haraboji didn't help us!"

"Arghhhh!!!" Jong Dae screamed out loud to release his anger. Jong Dae buried his head in his hands and cried. "Jong Dae-ssi... Killing haraboji won't bring back your eomma... Please don't do that," I said while staring at Jong Dae sadly.

Jong Dae raised his head and then he leaned his head on my chest. Jong Dae cried while saying, "Haraboji should have saved my eomma that time... Haraboji should have saved her." Jong Dae kept repeating the same sentence while crying.

Suddenly Jong Dae's phone rang. Jong Dae stopped crying and looked at his phone to see who had called him. Jong Dae ignored the incoming call and turned off his phone.

"You need to eat something. If you don't like the fried rice, tell me what you want. I will get it for you," said Jong Dae. "I want you to let me go," I said. "I'm sorry. I can't... Tell me what you want to eat," said Jong Dae. "I don't wanna eat anything," I replied. Jong Dae asked, "Why are you so stubborn?" I ignored Jong Dae and Jong Dae left me alone.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I wondered if anyone would look for me because I had been missing for 2 days. I studied the bedroom while asking in my heart, "Where am I? "

Suddenly the door opened and Jong In came in. Jong In was shocked to see me being tied up on the bed. Jong In asked in shock, "Why are you here?? What happened??" Jong In untied me immediately. I said, "Thank you. How did you find me?" "I didn't know you were here. I came here to find Jong Dae hyung," Jong In replied.

Jong In asked, "How can you end up here at my house?" "Your hyung brought me here," I replied, then I asked, "So, this is your house?" Jong In nodded. 

Suddenly Jong Dae showed up. "Hyung! Let's go to the hospital. Haraboji will go under the surgery. Now Min Seok hyung is already at the hospital, donating his blood. We also need your blood so the surgery can be started asap," said Jong In. Jong Dae ignored Jong In. 

Jong In said impatiently, "Hyu~ung, what are you waiting? Come on!" "I am sorry, Jong In-ah. I don't want to," said Jong Dae. Jong In was surprised and asked, "Why?" Jong Dae said irritably, "Because haraboji didn't help our eomma that time! Why should I help haraboji now?"