COUNTDOWN 11

2 weeks later.

I lived in Tao's aunt's apartment along with Tao and his aunt's family. Tao's aunt was a single parent, her husband died 3 years ago because of heart attack. Tao's aunt had a pretty daughter named Pei Pei who was a high school student. Pei Pei shared her room with me.

"Tao, can you find me a job? I will feel bad if I keep staying here as a freeloader," I said during the dinner. "Aiyo... Xiao Wei-ah, you don't have to work. We never consider you as a freeloader. Ayi (auntie) is glad Pei Pei has been happier since you lived with us. You don't have to do anything to repay us," said Tao's aunt.

"Actually, my workplace is recruiting now, to wash cars," said Tao. "Only wash the cars, right? I can do that," I said enthusiastically. "But the problem is... They only hire men. But don't you worry, I will find you another job. I will let you know if I find it," said Tao.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I cut my hair into men hairstyle and wore specific undershirt to flatten my chest before I went to Tao's workplace. After interviewing for about 10 minutes, the boss hired me right away.

I approached Tao and patted his shoulder from behind. Tao turned his head to see me and asked, "What?" I smiled at Tao while studying his face. Tao got annoyed and asked, "What???" I kept smiling at Tao while staring at him. "Crazy," Tao mumbled, then he looked away to ignore me.

I asked with a wide smile, "Don't you recognize me?" Tao turned his head again to look at me and said in surprise, "You... You are Xiao Wei??" Tao must had recognized me from my voice.

I covered Tao's mouth immediately to shut him up. I said in half whisper, "Sshhh... Don't call me Xiao Wei... My name is Jojo now." Tao nodded in understanding. I removed my hand from Tao's mouth. Tao laughed in disbelief and said, "I can't believe you do this! You are crazy!" I grinned at Tao.

When I came home after work, I took out my smartphone to check my e-mail right away. No one could call me by phone anymore because I had stopped using my china phone number. The only way to keep in touch with me was via e-mail.

"How are you doing there? Yi Xing told me that your gege has been looking for you everywhere since you left. Your mama is sick but not serious. I just went to your house to see your mama and I told her that you're fine out there," I read the e-mail from Qing Shia in my heart then I sent a reply to Qing Shia, telling her that I lived well in Seoul and I had gotten a job. I also thanked her for visiting my mom.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Excuse me,  your car is done," I said. I handed over the Ferrari key to the owner. The guy grabbed his car key without saying anything. He gave me tip money, then he walked to approach his car.

Suddenly the Ferrari owner yelled at me, "Yaa!! You, come here!" I approached him immediately and asked, "What can I help you?" He pointed his finger to the scratches on his Ferrari and asked angrily, "What have you done to my Ferrari???" "I am sorry, but the scratches are already there before I wash the car," I tried to explain.

The Ferrari owner called my boss and they both went into my boss office to talk. After my boss and the Ferrari owner coming out from my boss office, I got fired instantly without getting my salary. 

My boss said, even with my 3 months salary, it wouldn't be enough to pay the cost of repairs to fix the scratches on the Ferrari. So my boss was already nice enough to fire me without having me to pay the full compensation.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

2 days later.

I had just finished my job interview at Love Love Love karaoke. I accidentally saw the Ferrari owner. He was with his friend and they had just walked into the karaoke lobby.