Luckily for me, the water dispenser was right next to them so I got up and pretended to walk over for a drink.

They didn't seem to care that I was standing so close, either that or they didn't notice me. I crouch down and lifted the faucet, leaning closer to them.

"....Xavier changed the plans again. My son is starting to worry. I mean, he said we were attacking next week, now he says we're attacking tomorrow."

I nearly choked on my water.

The two ladies stopped talking to stare at me and I gave them a sheepish smile, "I swallowed too quickly."

They nodded and started talking about a completely different subject.

Great. Just when I was getting something useful.

I wiped my hands on my pants and went back to my chair, "I'm going to call it a night. I have to make dinner."

The lady beside me nodded and I walked out of the building quickly.

I had to find Xavier. What was he doing? What was he thinking?

As I walked towards his house, there was a loud roar of cheering. I frowned and walked towards the bonfire area, trying to figure out why they were having a bonfire tonight when they were supposedly attacking tomorrow.

When I reached the bonfire ground, I saw a huge crowd of griffins drinking like crazy and cheering at something our pathetic leader was saying.

I crossed my arms and glared at the crowd, watching Xavier as he raised his arms again.

"We will be immortal!"

More cheering.

"No species will ever be able to defeat us again! We will be invincible."

The roars got louder.

"Everyone," Xavier paused dramatically, "Everyone  will worship us."

Clearly, they had all lost their sanity.

People wondered why I thought Xavier was a terrible leader. This was why.  What leader would let his warriors drink before a battle?

"Even Lord Silvius will get on his knees for us. He will bow down to the immortals!"

That was when I had to step in.

"He's a Lord. He's already an immortal, you dimwitt!" I yelled over the cheers.

The noise died down and everyone turned to stare at me as I leaned against a tree with a smirk on my face. If only they weren't so drunk, they would have realized that Xavier was disrespecting our Lord.

"Ah, Lacey, I heard you were back," Xavier slurred, "How are you doing?"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, before I saw you."

"How's our nana?"

"She's my nana, you asshole. Not yours."

"Ah, but I'm your half-brother. So that makes her my half-nana as well."

"Oh, put a sock in it, Xavier."

He chuckled and stumbled away to the ice-box to grab another bottle of beer. I decided to use this chance to walk away before he came back to ask more questions.

I never told anyone in the Riveter Pack that Xavier Porterson was my half-brother.

I didn't want them to think I was going to help him just because we have the same father.

Hopefully, Matthew got my note and wasn't mad at me for not waking him up when I left. I explained everything in that note– why I left, what I would do, etc.

I didn't want to leave the note in a random spot where it could fall into the wrong hands so I gave it to a nice pack warrior named Baxter, who said he would hand it to Matthew as soon as he saw him. 

I sighed and stared up at the moon.

I had to go and warn Alexis again. 

The werewolves were not going to lose. Not on my watch. 

Hey loves! So what do you guys think will happen next? And any guesses on what happened to Lacey's note? If you don't remember Baxter, read the previous chapter ;)

LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*