The Doctor's Wife Pt. 2

Idris is in a barred chamber. Nephew stands guard.

"I'm, I'm. Big word, sad word. Why is that word so sad? No. Will be sad. Will be sad" Idris mumbles hands gripping the bar.

---

"Come. Come, come. You can see the House and he can look at you, and he..." Uncle says, they lead the Doctor and {Y/N} to a device. The Doctor looks down the grating on the floor.

"I see. This asteroid is sentient" the Doctor says.

"We walk on his back, breathe his air, eat his food."

"Smell its armpits," Amy says, House speaks through Uncle and Auntie as if they are marionettes. It is a nice, refined voice.

"And do my will. You are most welcome, travellers."

"Doctor, {Y/N}, that voice. That's the asteroid talking?" Amy asks.

"Yes. So, you're like a sea urchin. Hard outer surface, that's the planet we're walking on. Big, squashy, oogly thing inside, that's you" {Y/N} says.

"That is correct, Time Lord."

"Ah. So, you've met Time Lords before?" the Doctor asks.

"Many travellers have come through the rift, like Auntie and Uncle and Nephew. I repair them when they break."

"So, there are Time Lords here, then?" {Y/N} asks.

"Not anymore, but there have been many Tardises on my back in days gone by."

"Well, there won't be any more after us. Last Time Lords. Last TARDIS" the Doctor says.

"A pity. Your people were so kind. Be here in safety, {Y/N} and Doctor. Rest, feed, if you will."

"We're not actually going to stay here, are we?" Rory asks.

"Well, it seems like a friendly planet. Literally. Mind if we poke around a bit?" the Doctor asks.

"You can look all you want. Go. Look" Auntie walks over to Amy "House loves you."

"Come on then, gang. We're just going to, er, see the sights" the Doctor says, as the four walk out leaving Auntie, Uncle and Nephew behind.

---

"Are there a see zero that ito emo we. Ah! What was that? Do fish have fingers? Like a nine-year-old trying to rebuild a motorbike. What am I saying? Why am I saying that? Thieves? Where're my thieves? Thieves!" Idris shouts

---

"Thieves!"

"Shush, shush, shush," the Doctor says.

"So, as soon as the TARDIS is refuelled, we go, yeah?" Rory asks.

"No. There are Time Lords here. We heard them and they need us" {Y/N} says.

"You both told me about your people, and you told me what you both did," Amy says.

"Yes, yes, but if they're like the Corsair, they're good ones and we can save them," the Doctor says.

"And then tell them you both destroyed the others?" Amy asks.

"We can explain. Tell them why we had to" {Y/N} says.

"You both want to be forgiven," Amy says.

"Don't we all?"

"What do you need from me?"

"Our screwdrivers. We left them in the TARDIS. It's in our jackets."

"You're wearing your jackets," Rory says.

"Our other jackets" {Y/N} says.

"You both have two of those?" Rory asks.

"Ok, I'll get it. But Doctor, {Y/N}, listen to me. Don't get emotional because that's when you both make mistakes" Amy says as she throws them her mobile phone.

"Yes, boss."

"I'll call you from the TARDIS. Rory, look after them."

"Rory, look after her."

"Yeah" Rory runs off after Amy a while later the phone rings.

"Hey, we're here. Screwdrivers are in your jackets, yeah?"

"Yeah, they're around somewhere. Have a good look" they both have the screwdriver's in their hands, {Y/N} uses hers to lock the TARDIS door remotely.

"Come on. Where are you? Now, where are you all? Where are you?" the Doctor asks, they both close their eyes and turn, {Y/N} pulls back a curtain to a small alcove "well, they can't all be in here" there are indistinct voices nearby. They open a small cupboard and finds at least 10 of those message boxes all chattering away.

"Please do you read me."

"Structural integrity failure. Damage to dimensional stabiliser."

"If you can hear, come and help" Uncle and Auntie come up behind them.

"Just admiring your Time Lord distress signal collection. Nice job. Brilliant job. Really thought we had some friends here, but this is what the Ood translator picked up. Cries for help from the long dead. How many Time Lords have you lured here the way you lured us, and what happened to them all?" the Doctor asks.

"House, House is kind and he is wise," Auntie says.

"House repairs you when you break. Yes, we know. But how does he mend you? You've got the eyes of a twenty-year-old" {Y/N} says.

"Thank you" Uncle replies.

"No. Oh, no, I mean it literally. Your eyes are thirty years younger than the rest of you. Your ears don't match, your right arm is two inches longer than you're left, and how's your dancing? Because you've got two left feet. Patchwork people. You've been repaired and patched up so often, I doubt there's anything left of what used to be you. We had an umbrella like you once" Auntie's forearm has a snake tattoo.

"Oh, now, it's been a great arm for me, this" Auntie says.

"Corsair," the Doctor says.

"He was a strapping big bloke, wasn't he, Uncle?"

"Big fellow."

"I got the arm and then Uncle got the spine and the kidneys."

"Kidneys."

"You gave us hope, and then you took it away. That's enough to make anyone dangerous. God knows what it will do to us. Basically, run!" the Doctor says.

"Poor old Time Lords. Too late. House is too clever" Auntie and Uncle leave. The phone rings.

"No sonic screwdrivers. Also, the doors seemed to have locked behind us. Rory thinks there's a perfectly innocent explanation, but I think you both lied to us" Amy says.

"Time Lord stuff. Needed you out of the way" the Doctor says.

"What, we're not good enough for your smart new friends?"

"The boxes will make you angry. How could she know?

"Doctor, what are you talking about?"

"Stay put. Stay exactly where you are."

"We don't have much...choice."

---

~Bread 🍞