The Curse Of The Black Spot Pt. 4

Start from the beginning

"Help me get him up," Amy says, Rory begins to wake, the beeping starts again.

"She's coming," the Doctor says, they hide behind a bank of monitors. The siren floats in, singing her wordless song, and goes to Rory. He calms down and sleeps again.

"Anaesthetic" {Y/N} says.

"What?" Avery asks.

"The music. The song. So, she anaesthetises people and puts their body in stasis" the siren goes to Toby. Avery steps out, gun ready.

"Avery, no!" the Doctor says, Avery shoots, and the Siren turns red. She advances on Avery, then the Doctor sneezes. The Siren heads for him instead.

"Fire. That's new. What does fire do? Burn? Yes. Destroy? What else? Sterilise! I sneezed. I've brought germs in" the Doctor blows his nose and throws the handkerchief on the floor. The Siren blasts the offending article. Amy runs to Rory.

"Amy, stop. Don't interfere. Don't touch him. Anaesthetic, tissue sample, screen, sterile working conditions. Ignore all our previous theories!" {Y/N} says.

"Yeah? Well, we stopped paying attention a while back" Amy replies.

"She's not a killer at all, she's a doctor!" {Y/N} says Amy stops fiddling with Rory's life support and the siren returns to green "this is an automated sickbay. It's teleporting everyone on board. The crew are dead, and so the sick bay has had nothing to do. It's been looking after humanity whilst it's been idle. Look at her. A virtual doctor able to sterilise a whole room."

"Able to burn your face off" Amy mutters.

"She's just an interface, seeped through the join between the planes, broadcast in our world. Protean circuitry means she can change her form, and become a human doctor for humans. Oh, sister, you are good" {Y/N} grins.

"She won't let us take them," Avery says.

"She's keeping them alive, but she doesn't know how to heal them," the Doctor says.

"I'm his wife, for God's sake. Why can't I touch him?" Amy asks.

"Tell her, Amy. Show her your ring. She may be virtual but she's intelligent. You can't do anything without her consent. Come on. Sophisticated girl like you. That must be somewhere in your core program" {Y/N} says.

"Look, he's very ill, okay? I just want to look after him. Why won't you let me near my husband?" the siren holds out her hand, and a circle of light appears around it.

"Consent form. Sign it. Put your hand in the light. Rory's sick. You have to take full responsibility" Amy does so, and the siren disappears. Amy turns off Rory's life support.

"He can't breathe. Turn it back on" the Doctor says.

"What do we do? I can't just leave him here."

"He'll die if you take him out," Avery says.

"Rory? Rory, wake up" Amy says.

"Where am I?" Rory asks.

"You're in a hospital. If you leave, you might die" the Doctor says.

"But if you don't, you'll have to stay forever" Amy adds.

"You're saying that if I don't get up now..."

"You can never leave."

"The siren will keep you safe" {Y/N} says.

"And if I come with you?"

"Drowning, on the point of death."

"I'm a nurse."

"What?" Amy asks.

"I can teach you how to save me."

"Whoa. Hold on."

"I was drowning. You just have to resuscitate me."

"Just?"

"You've seen them do it loads of times in films. CPR. The kiss of life."

"Rory, this isn't a film, ok? What if I do it wrong?"

"You won't."

"Ok, what if you don't come back to life? What if..."

"I trust you."

"What about them? I mean, why do I have to be the one? Why do I have to save you?"

"Because I know you'll never give up."

"We have to send this ship back into space. Imagine if the siren got ashore. She would have to process every injured human" the Doctor says.

"What about Toby?" Avery asks.

"I'm sorry. Typhoid fever. Once he returns it's only a matter of time" {Y/N} says.

"What if I stay with him, here. The siren will look after him. I can't go back to England. And what home does he have now, if not with me?"

"Do you think you can sail this thing?"

"Just point me to the atom accelerator."

"I know you can do this. Of course, if you muck it up I am going to be really cross. And dead" Rory says.

"I'll see you in a minute" The Doctor rips off Rory's restraints. Him, {Y/N} and Amy get him off the bed and carry him into the TARDIS once inside Amy starts CPR, doing 1 breath to 5 chest compressions.

"Come on. Come on, Rory. Not here. Not this way. Not today" {Y/N} says.

"He trusted me. He trusted me to save him" Amy says shaking her head.

"You still can. You can still do this. He believes in you. Come on, Amy. Come on!" the Doctor says.

"Please, please, please wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Come on. Come on" but finally she gives up. After a few moments, Rory starts coughing up water.

"Amy. Amy, you did it. You did it!" later, Captain Avery has control of the spaceship, with Toby as his co-pilot, still attached to his life support mechanism. The rest of his crew come to watch as they fly between the stars.

"I thought I was an excellent pirate," Amy says.

"I thought you were an excellent nurse" Rory replies.

"Easy, tiger. Goodnight, Doctor, {Y/N}" Amy says, the two Time Lords turn around.

"Goodnight, Amelia," they both say.

"You only call me Amelia when you're worrying about me" Amy replies.

"We always worry about you" Amy remembers something, the Doctor shakes his head slightly.

"Mutual" Amy responds.

"Go to bed, Pond," the Doctor says as he and {Y/N} go back to their conversation.

"You can't tell her. It's her future" Rory says quietly.

"I know" Amy replies, the Doctor and {Y/N} look at the scanner where the body scan is still undecided as to whether Amy is pregnant or not.

"Oh, Amelia" they both whisper.

---

~Bread 🍞