The Doctor's Wife Pt. 1

A young woman is led in by an older woman. She speaks to a man wearing a tattered Confederate Army uniform.

"Will it be me, Uncle?"

"Yes, it's going to be you. I only wish I could go in your place, Idris. Nah, I don't, because it's really going to hurt" an Ood with glowing green eyes appears behind Idris.

"It's starting. What will happen?"

"Oh. Er, Nephew will drain your mind and your soul from your body and leave your body empty" the older women says as Idris goes up onto a platform with a bit of alien tech dangling around the place. The Ood holds Idris' head.

"I'm scared."

"I expect so, dear. But soon you'll have a new soul. There'll be a Time Lord coming."

---

"And then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King, after all, it was the real one. Fortunately, I was able to re-attach the head" {Y/N} says.

"Do you believe any of this stuff?" Rory asks looking at Amy.

"I was there" Amy replies as lights start going off.

"Oh, it's the warning lights. I'm getting rid of those. They never stop" the Doctor says as he starts slapping the console.

"Stop slapping it" {Y/N} says, pressing a button.

"Hey. You're still thinking about it, aren't you?" Rory asks quietly.

"Oh, shush. We saw her die" Amy mutters.

"Yeah, two hundred years in the future."

"Yes, but it's still going to happen" there's a sudden knock on the TARDIS door, the Doctor and {Y/N} look at each other.

"What was that?" Amy asks.

"The door," the Doctor says as he and {Y/N} slowly start to advance towards it "it knocked."

"Right. We are in deep space" Rory says.

"Very, very deep" {Y/N} says the rhythmic knocking sounds once again "and somebody's knocking" the Doctor opens the doors. A small glowing box is outside.

"Oh, come here. Come here, you scrumptious little beauty" the box flies inside and ends up hitting the Doctor on the chest, {Y/N} bends down and picks it up while the Doctor lays on the floor looking up at her.

"A box?" Rory asks.

"{Y/N}, what is it?" Amy asks.

"I and the Doctor have got mail. Time Lord emergency messaging system. In an emergency, we'd wrap up thoughts in psychic containers and send them through time and space. Anyway, there's a living Time Lord still out there, and it's one of the good ones" {Y/N} says.

"You both said there weren't any other Time Lords left," Rory says.

"There are no Time Lords left anywhere in the universe. But the universe isn't where we're going. See that snake?" the Doctor says.

"It's the mark of the Corsair. Fantastic bloke. He had that snake as a tattoo in every regeneration. Didn't feel like himself unless he had the tattoo. Or herself, a couple of times. Ooo, she was a bad girl" {Y/N} chuckles, things start to go bang.

"Oh, what is happening?!" Rory asks.

"We're leaving the universe!" the Doctor shouts.

"How can you leave the universe?!" Amy asks.

"With enormous difficulty. Right now, I'm burning up TARDIS rooms to give us some welly. Goodbye, swimming pool. Goodbye, scullery. Sayonara, squash court seven" whoosh, thump, crash, then all is still and silent.