Ch.2

~Demi's POV~

Running a distressed hand through my hair, I made my way to Karoline's hospital room. Plastering a fake smile onto my face, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when I found only Naya in the room.

"Where are the girls?" I inquired.

"They're outside. How was your meeting?"

I sighed heavily, sitting beside her on the brown couch.

"They want me to perform the next foot of my tour," I mumbled, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"You don't sound too happy about that. You love performing for your fans, Dem."

"I know, but I agreed to this before Karoline's accident. She just woke up today, Naya!" I shrilled, enraged at my own management for placing me in this predicament. "They acted as if I have no say in the matter, as if I'm their puppet or something, ready to jump when they say to," I paused. "I told them to drop me."

She gasped.

"Babe-,"

"They said they weren't going to, but I just-I just don't know what to do anymore, Naya."

She unexpectedly pecked my lips.

"What was that for?"

"You need to chill, babe" she giggled.

"But,-"

"No buts. Take life one day at a time, and do what you think will be best for you. To hell with the opinions of everybody else."

"And this is why I am oh so lucky and grateful to be able to call you my girlfriend," I beamed.

“I love you too,” Naya cooed and pecked my lips again.

“Why don’t you go and talk to her?” Naya suggested, already standing up. I knew there was no saying ‘no’.

“How am I supposed to even-,” I started.

“Demi, I don’t know. You’re a mom. If anyone will listen to her it will be you,” Naya told me.

“Alright, I am going,” I said. I sighed once again, running my fingers through my hair.

“I am going to get Sky and run her home. I am going to get her bathed and then we are gonna spend some time together,” Naya said.

“What makes you think you can,” I smirked.

“You want to deal with Sky and Karoline?” she asked. “Okay, suit yourself. I am still leaving. I am getting everyone new clothes and things,” she said. Naya walked toward the door and opened it.