C15:Mysteries of the Soul

February 9,2018

[]•••••[]

Instead of waking up on the real world, Hiro found himself on a small cave.

There were a few small green crystals lighting up the place. It wasn't too big and it lead to an underground river.

The exit was blocked by a large stone so he couldn't see where was this cave actually located.

His head was still hurting slightly so he decided to go back to sleep but when he was just about to turn around, he found that the thing his head was resting was actually not the hard rocky surface of the cave floor but was actually very smooth.

There was also a delicate fragrance that made him very intoxicated.

This made him very curious so he traced his finger on and found out that it was actually very smooth and soft.

"Heavenly smooth"

But after he just spoke those words, a cold but familiar voice was suddenly heard above him.

"You're awake"

Looking up, he saw an extremely beautiful face with a cold expression. It was a familiar cold expression however, it was extra colder right now.

Realizing what he head just done, he sat up and edged backwards slowly as he cautiously said.

"C-crimson. I didn't know you were here. You see, I just woke and w-"

But before he could finish speaking, a punch landed on his head and sent him flying.

A few hours later, Hiro and Crimson was now below the pothole and was talking with the Black Safe in his wooden hut.

Hiro was rubbing his painful head while grumbling.

"It's been hours. Why is it still not gone?"

After he woke up and got beat up Crimson, he discovered that he was actually already a level 60 and his soul ranked up and reached the Sky Rank.

It naturally gave him a few benefits like a new Psychic Skill and a very high increase in stats.

Hiro never thought that he would actually reach this level in just more than a week of playing the game.

But still, he remembered that there are players who are already past level 100 because they were playing ever since the release of the game. Besides, there are no level cap in this game so one can level up infinitely.

He made a vow to get past them and become the best player in this game and know what was that secret plan SoulCore Company have towards the players.

When he recovered from the after effects of the soul ranked up, they quickly returned back to report to the Black Sage of their encounter.

He didn't expect that this young man that he had just taken in yest was actually capable of such feats. He even reached the Sky Rank in soul after just a week of being an independent soul.

Hiro noticed that the Black Sage's eyes was gleaming in a strange light as he looked at him with a weird smile. He knew immediately that this old man was up to something.

"You have to know that a soul can be divided into seven ranks. Mortal, Earth, Sky, Holy, Celestial, Divine and Immortal. It is hard to rank up your Soul because you need to find Soul Crystals that releases strong radiations which are very rare."

The Black Sage explained to him he stages of soul. He was still a Sky Rank, a relatively low level compared to the higher ranks.

"It commonly take years for a normal person just to reach what you have achieved. But don't get too confident. There are still stronger people out there"

Hiro nodded his head to express his understanding.

If Crimson, someone who just played for three months managed to reach her current level this quick then he was sure that other players can. If not for his lucky encounters then he also wouldn't be able to reach this level quickly.

"Anyway, you just have to conceal your powers when you're around other people. Who knows if there are spies lurking aorund"

"What does the people from the company look like? Do they also have the same powers have as us?"

The Black Sage smiled.

"They are humans just like us but they decided to abandon their physical body so that they can live an eternal life as souls. However, they are a different type of humans from us. They can be considered to be superior beings not only in terms of body but also the soul. Unlike you, they were born with a Mortal Ranked Soul and had their Independent Soul Systems after entering this world. Crimson is quite similar to them"

Hiro looked at Crimson with surprise and was about to ask but hesitated when noticed that she didn't want to talk about it. He didn't press her for answers and just continued to talk with the Black Sage.

After they finished their reports, they each went their separate ways. Crimson went somewhere unknown and he returned back to his regular hunting to earn SCs and increase his level.

Before they left , they were rewarded with a very small piece of Crystal of Purification and a pouch of Animagnite enough to last them for a whole month and were instructed to come back again after the end of a month for their next mission.

A month later in a ruined town similar to the towns in ancient China, a bloodied black haired man was flying on the air and dodged the flying projectiles aiming at him. Behind him were multiple men jumping on the rooms with deadly weapons on their hands.

"Damn. Someone help me!"

[]•••••[]

How was it guys?

Sorry if it's lame cause I was lacking inspiration on what to write when I did this chapter. But don't worry since I'll be editing it when I have time to make it better.

But if you somehow liked it then please consider leaving a vote or Comment below.

Thanks for reading!