The Curse Of The Black Spot Pt. 3

"{Y/N}! Amy! Open the door!" the Doctor shouts from outside the door.

"Toby, open the door! Toby!"

"Open the door."

"Toby!" Amy, {Y/N} and Rory start moving things away from the door, the Doctor runs in and grabs the medallion and breaths on it, Rory, {Y/N} and Amy share looks, the Doctor then again quickly runs out.

"We've got to destroy every reflection!" the Doctor shouts as he starts smashing everything that would show a reflection "go kill that glass, she could spring from any of them" he smashes a mirror and Avery looks at him "oh, yes, yes, I know, I know... very bad luck to break it, but look at it this way, there's a serotype, homicidal mermaid trying to kill all."

"How much worse can things get?" Avery asks.

"Yep. Help me lug this lot out."

"Where are we taking it?"

"The ocean."

"No! This is the treasure of the Mogul of India."

"Oh, good. For a moment there, I thought it was yours."

"No, no, Doctor! Wait. Must we do this?"

"Any reflection, any mirror, and the siren will attack. We have to protect Rory and Toby. Go and get the crown from the storeroom" the Doctor says Avery walks off, and {Y/N} walks towards the Doctor who's throwing stuff out the broken window.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" she asks quietly, the Doctor turns.

"Oh, sure, what's up?"

"I know why you left me behind, I just want to say I didn't know she'd kiss me" the Doctor frowns.

"Actually, now's not a great time" he replies.

"No, you need to listen, it was a kiss alright, I would say it meant nothing, but..." she trails off, he smiles slightly.

"You liked it?"

"Wha- no, there was something about it. It felt as if she'd kissed me hundreds of times before" the Doctor thinks for a moment.

"You don't think..."

"It's... possible" {Y/N} mutters.

"I promise we'll finish this later alright?" the Doctor says placing his hand on her shoulder, she nods.

*Time skip*

"Just wait?" Rory asks.

"Not our most dynamic plan, I realise," the Doctor says.

"TARDIS?" Amy asks.

"It's been towed."

"What?"

"Sorry. We might be stuck here for a while."

"So you're saying that we should all just wait here below?"
"The sea is still calm, like a mirror. If you go out on deck she'll rise up and attack you" Avery says.

"It's ok. The calm won't last forever. When the wind picks up we'll all set sail" the Doctor says.

"Until it does, you have to hide down here" Avery responds, the Doctor nods to {Y/N} who follows him and Avery out of the room and onto the deck above.

"It's not one star, it's two. The Dogstar, Sirius. Binary system" {Y/N} says.

"I use it to navigate the ocean," Avery says.

"Me and {Y/N} travelled far, like you. Space can be very lonely, and the greatest adventure is having someone share it with you" the Doctor says.

"If we get out of this I'll take him back to England. He can't stay with me. I'm not the father he needs" Avery says referring to Toby.

"Who are you, Henry Avery? Respected naval officer, wife and child at home. How did you end up here, wandering the oceans with a band of rogues?" {Y/N} asks.

"I've set my course now. Nothing I can do to alter it."

"People stared at it for centuries and never knew. Things can suddenly change, when you're least expecting" {Y/N} mutters the Doctor's hand brushing against her own.

*Time skip*

"Doctor?" Amy whispers.

"Shush."

"What can you see?" Amy asks, {Y/N} also looks out the window.

"Feels like something's out there, staring straight at me" the Doctor mutters, lightning and thunder come from outside "man the sails!" the three run out to where the rain is lashing down.

"To the rigging, you dogs! Let go the sails. Avast ye! Put the bunt into the slack of the clews" Avery says, Amy and Rory, pull on the sheets.

"I swear he's making half this stuff up," Amy says to Rory.

"Well, we're going to need some kind of phrase book" the Doctor and {Y/N} are at the wheel, trying to turn her bow on to the storm.

"Toby! Find my coat. My compass is inside it, boy. Heave ho, you bilge rats" Avery says.

"Rats was all I could hear," Rory says, a short time later, Toby returns with the coat, and the crown falls out and rolls along the deck. The Siren comes out of the crown and flies up into the rigging, then descends again to the deck.

"Don't let her take you!" Avery shouts, Toby reaches out to the Siren.

"No!" Toby is gone in a puff of smoke "no!" {Y/N} throws the crown overboard, and the Siren disappears "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"You couldn't give up the gold, could you. That's why you turned pirate. Your commission, your wife, your son. Just how much is that treasure worth to you, man?" {Y/N} asks, a loose spar knocks Rory overboard.

"Rory! Rory! I can't see him. Doctor? {Y/N}? I'm going in" Amy says.

"He's drowning. He's drowning! You go in after him, you'll drown too. There's only one thing that can save him now" the Doctor says.

"What are you talking about?" Amy asks.

"The Siren. The Siren, she wants him. We have to release her."

"Doctor, no" the Doctor opens a fresh water barrel and the Siren zooms out.

"He's drowning. Go and find him!" the Doctor shouts as the siren dives into the sea.

"What, what did you do?" Amy asks.

"If he stays in there he'll die," the Doctor says.

"But she'll destroy him."

"That thing isn't just a ravenous hunter. It's intelligent. We can reason with it. And maybe, just maybe, they're still alive somewhere. We have to follow" the Doctor says.

"Are you mad?" Avery asks.

"If we ever want to see them again, we have to let the siren take us. We'll prick our fingers. All agreed? Yeah?"

"Aye," Avery says.

"Aye," {Y/N} nods.

"Aye," Amy adds.

"Aye," the Doctor draws blood from each of them. The black spot appears on their palms and the siren appears. There is a flash of bright light.

---

~Bread 🍞