Chapter 16

I rubbed my eyes and read the note again just to ensure whether what I read was real or not

I rubbed my eyes and read the note again just to ensure whether what I read was real or not. And yes, it was. Ugh.

Terrace? What? Is my secret admirer waiting for me at terrace right now? Uninvited goosebumps rested on my skin. Oh shit... I need Rose. I can't do this alone. What should I do? What should I tell him when I go up there? What if he proposes me? No.... I obviously am not gonna say yes. I will politely decline and return the gifts and... And yeah, I will ask him to be just friends. Yes, this seems fine.

Stop shaking, people are watching you.

My conscience slapped me and I stopped shaking. I looked around and people were really staring. I faked a smile and they continued their own work. I took the teddy bear and shut my locker close. I squeezed the teddy bear without even realizing it.

Ah... I am so sorry Teddy.

I slowly moved towards the staircase and stopped when I was in front of it. Am I really going to do this? I want to know who exactly is my so called secret admirer but I feel so nervous now. Damn.

I took a deep breathe and started to climb the stairs slowly. I kept clutching the teddy tightly and at the same time kept apologizing to the teddy. So stupid.

I finally reached the entrance door of the terrace. I crossed my fingers and opened the door.

I saw a petite figure standing in front of me. My reaction didn't come out as it was supposed to. I thought I would be happy and continuously trying to calm down the wobbling butterflies in my belly. But it was nothing like that. I looked at the person standing in front of me. Tears formed in my eyes. My heart beat loudly and my chest felt heavier with each passing second.

With my blurry vision I saw his adorable smiley face turn into a frown. I saw him drop the flowers that he was holding and walk to me. Not being able to control my heartache, I started to sob. Louder than ever.

"Whats wrong?" I heard him ask.

"My secret admirer." I sobbed louder "Was you?" This was different. Earlier I was hoping for Ryan to be my secret admirer but now I didn't like the idea when he was standing right on front of me.

"You... You don't have to cry. I am sorry. I didn't know you would be like this."

I looked at him. For the first time I saw his face so fragile and his eyes so apologetic. Sincerity was radiating from his body. But I still hated it. No ... I didn't hate it. But I didn't like it either.

I stepped towards him. Failing after numerous attempt of controlling my sobs, I looked down and continued to cry not wanting to show my pathetic tear filled face to him. I put my one hand on his shoulder and with the other I hit him slowly at his chest.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I continued to sob and hit him with my other arm.

"I know you like Rose. I know you like her." I sobbed louder. I felt something rough rubbing against my chest. It felt extremely painfully as I let the words out of my chest.

I covered my face with both hands and turned to the other side as I tried to stop crying. I flushed realizing what I just did.

I felt his hand on my shoulder. I swinged around to face him because of the hard grip that pulled me. I was quite embarrassed to make an eye contact with him. So I chose to look down which made it even more easier for the tears to slide down my cheeks.

He put a hand on my chin and raised my face up. Even though I didn't want to but my eyes met with his dark ones looking intently at me. I think for a second I may have gotten lost in those eyes.

He rubbed his nourishing thumb on my cheeks to wipe the tears.

"Who told you that I like Rose?"

His voice was dripping with seriousness. I tried to study his face but his expression was not pleasant at all. His eyes trailed around my face looking for an answer.

"I... I heard it that day when you guys were talking in the store room," I said with my voice that became husky because of all the sobbing. I dared to read his expression again. He raised his eyebrows. It felt like he had many things to explain and many things to tell me. But he didn't,only the four words I have been secretly wanting to hear.

"I don't like her,"

My inner self clasped both the hands and reacted with a shock but my outer self showed no such emotion. Just confusion. Then what was the thing I heard in store room about?

"I know you want an explanation but trust me, I will tell you every thing when the time comes." He looked at me hoping to see a change of expression on my face but he didn't. Because I was still confused.

"But I swear to you, I don't like her that way. Not at all." He said a little more swiftly this time with his eyes locked with mine the entire time and his two fingers touching his neck for the promise. For the first time today, I noticed that how cute he looked in his plain white T-shirt, his messy black hair and black jeans. A perfect combination of light and dark, of cute and sexy. A small smile creeped my face. I looked at him and he was smiling too, brighter than me.

I of course longed for an explanation but at the moment I had no idea how to feel about it. I wanted to question him but at the same time I was not ready for the answer that would come out. I just wanted to do my little, no not little but a big victory dance. He didn't like Rose.

I gazed up at his face that was towering mine by few inches. I saw his face come closer and I closed my eyes. Shoot..... Is he gonna kiss me? Being not at all ready for it, I shuttered within. I smiled as soon as I felt his lips on my forehead. I remember how I always saw this kind of scene in movies and how I wanted to be the heroine.

It felt like a dream for once because I did feel like a heroine of some movie.

___________________________________

AN

*Drumroll please*

This was the first very proper interaction of Gianna and Ryan. I know many of you didn't hope for the secret admirer to be Ryan. But he is 😉.

I was just wondering. What would be the ship name (Gianna X Ryan) ?

Stay tuned for more twists and turns to come.

❤ Lots of love ❤