Chapter 9

The only thing I heard after was the door being closed

The only thing I heard after was the door being closed. I got up, fanned my face and rubbed my wet eyes so that I would look normal.

I knew where the door was so I slowly started to walk towards it. After getting a grip on the doorknob, I finally took a deep breath and opened the door inviting the daylight to blur my vision.

I walked with my footsteps rapidly increasing to the other side unaware of the place I was going exactly. Terror washed my face I heard my name being called from behind.

"Hey Gianna"

I knew it was Finn's voice. And I knew I will never be able to forget their voices after what I just experienced. I stopped my tracks.

They didn't see me come out from the store room, did they?

I slowly turned back with crossed fingers. I saw them, all three of them looking at me from up to down with a weird expression.
Realization struck me as I realised that I was wearing a cheerleaders costume which was overly revealing and short. I immediately covered my stomach from one hand and tried to pull the 'only butt covering' skirt down from the other.

I saw their expression turn to normal and Eric laughed. He came and ruffled my hair like he always does.

"You look like a skinned tomato. Why so red?"

"Uhmm," I shrugged uncomfortably. I would rather roll into a puddle in front of them than wear this dress. At least I would be covered!

My eyes landed on Ryan and his gaze changed, he looked confused. I am sure I looked at him with eyes full of betrayal and pain.

Gia! What's wrong with you? What betrayal and what pain? You don't even know him so properly. Get a grip before you slip!

My conscience screamed louder than ever but my eyes didn't want to leave his. I saw him walk towards me. He stopped right on front of making it difficult for me to even breath properly.

He opened his jacket and covered me. I swear I nearly fainted. I could smell his scent from the jacket, a mixture of something fresh and strong. It made me feel warm and comfortable immediately. Why is he doing this to me? Why is he making me feel this way? 

He saw me and smiled. I managed to say a not so audible thank you to him and covered myself from his jacket properly.

"Hey, I am not wearing a jacket otherwise I would give you too," Eric said with a cute pout and we all laughed. He definitely knows how to lighten the atmosphere.

I averted my gaze and found myself turning all red again. There were so many girls  looking at us and their mouth constantly moving which according to me was inaudible curses for me.

"Did you get selected as a Cheerleader?" Finn asked. I saw Ryan narrowing his eyes.   I remembered how I sneaked out of the locker room and chuckled "Ah no, I am not so interested."

Surprisingly I heard a instant reply from Ryan "good." I swallowed my saliva.

I don't know why but I wanted to tell him something immediately and at that moment itself maybe because I wanted to see his reaction and so I did say "Rose may get selected as a cheerleader."

His expression changed with the first word itself. It darkened, he had a serious look which wasn't so satisfying for me. Her name itself had a big effect on him. But then Eric and Finn's expression also darkened. All of them started looking at each other.

What's wrong with them?

"Being a cheerleader will suit her," Finn said. Eric and Ryan gained back their normal expression and slightly nodded. I nodded too because just like I said she would definitely slay it.

"By the way, what are you guys doing here in front of the store room?" I asked wanting to know if they will tell me or not.

Finn coughed as I completed my question and Eric had a 'busted' look on his face while Ryan looked calm and suspicious. What are they hiding? Why can't they tell me about Ryan liking Rose?

"Nothing, just passing by" Ryan said with his eyes not leaving my face. It was the same expression I may have had a while back when I wanted to see his change in expression. I tried not to change my expression.

I made a O shape with my mouth with a little O sound.

"Okay Gia, we need to go. Ba bye," Eric said with a exaggerating smile plastered on his face. This is not like the Eric I know but I had to remain normal so I smiled and waved at them "See you tomorrow."

Something is definitely wrong.

____________________

I sat in the library for the rest of the day waiting for Rose to comeback from the selection but she didn't.

After the day was over I returned back to hostel. I knew Rose would be inside so I decided to surprise her. I opened the door suddenly and shouted "boom," As I jumped inside. My eyes directly landed on Rose. She got startled and reacted. I entered laughing inside the room and placed my bag on the bed.

I felt a sudden moment from the side of my eye and I saw Rose quickly closing a big wooden box and pushing it under the bed. She turned to me and I pretended as if I didn't see anything.

"I got selected as a Cheerleader," She said smiling and twirling in her costume.

"I so knew it," I said with a smile "Congrats."
She proudly smiled followed by a curtsy.

I laid flat on my bed and stared at the ceiling thinking about that very one person.

What's happening to me? Why have I started to feel nervous around him? And that look in his eyes, what's that for?

He likes Rose! And she is your roommate and literally the best out of the friends you've got here. So stop dreaming and drooling about him.

My other part of the conscience shouted. My gaze averted towards Rose and I saw her looking suspiciously at something.

"Gia, whose jacket is this?"

________________________

AN - Hey readers, Thank you so much again for reading and supporting ^❤^.

I saw my rank just a while back and I can't explain how happy I am.

I am currently #29 in Humor. Thank you once again for all your love and support ❤.

And hey what do you think about Ryan? What's up with him?

Warm regards to all.