Riley hated that. That happened to be one of her biggest fears. Her loved ones who found out about her abilities and called her names such as monster or evil. Riley let out a breath she had been holding and fell to her knees, choking in a sob. She needed comfort most right now. She needed her dad. She had to get him back to her. But she didn't know how. There's always a way to solve a problem, but Riley couldn't think. Hell, she couldn't even breathe right now. Steve, who was basically her second dad, came over to her and embraced her. Even though her dad and Steve weren't really on good terms at the moment, she was always fond of Steve, in a fatherly way, of course. She cried into his shoulder for a while. 

Minutes, maybe hours passed and Riley had finally gathered the courage to stand up. Steve left for a few minutes deal with the authorities. A helicopter was arriving to take Electra away for good, but the portal remained open. Since nothing had come through or gone into it for a while, it started to flicker. One thing Riley kept imagining is it flickering and then never opening again. 

Peter walked up to her; it was strange to see him in the suit since she normally just sees him, Peter. "Hey, can we talk?" he asks, softly.

"Okay," Riley said, looking at him, waiting for him to say something. But, he didn't. "About?"

"Um, I just wanted to say that what you did was really brave and I don't think you are a monster. You're smart, brave, and-and beautiful," Peter said to her, making her smile for the first time in a few hours. But, it was barely a smile. A very, very, weak smile.

Riley gave him a hug. "Thank you, I really needed to hear that," she said looking up at him through the mask. "Also, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my...abilities. You trusted me with your secret and I didn't trust you with mine. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Peter said. God, he wanted to kiss her so bad right now, but with her dad's friends staring at them? No thanks. Also, let's not forget how awkward it would be to lift up his mask. 

"We need to find a way to get my dad out," Riley said, walking over to the portal, trying to find something, some kind of clue. She scanned the perimeter around her, but couldn't find anything. 

"Maybe he will come out," Thor said. "Whatever is meant to close the portal is probably inside, maybe he's making his way back out."

"But, we don't know that. What if he's in there stuck or something. Maybe one of us should go in and check," Steve said, stepping near the portal.

"I'll go," Riley said, without even thinking. 

"Absolutely not," Natasha said. "Your dad wouldn't allow it and neither would any of us. What if you go in there, he comes out and sees you aren't around, he would be shattered. Do you want that for him?"

"No, but I know him better than all of you, and I think it would be best if I-" Riley started.

"No, you aren't going and that's final," Steve said, crossing his arms. 

"I'll go, I have experience with alternate dimensions and portals, so this should be a piece of cake," Thor said, mentioning Asgard. 

"He has a point, you know," Natasha said."He'd probably be our best bet."

"Okay, then. I guess I'll be going, let's pray I get back or Jane will kill me," Thor said, with a nervous laugh. Apparently, he wasn't kidding. The Avengers watched Thor step into the portal perhaps never to be seen again. 

***

Tony did not expect what was behind the portal. It took him to a room where many people were lined up, probably drugged. There were a few people in what seemed to be the control room so he snuck up to them, before bursting through the door, interrupting their work schedule.