Chapter 13

Riley wasn't sad. Shocked, maybe. But, it wasn't something she would be sad about. "I know it's sudden and we just started dating but I don't want to get attatched to you."

"Okay," Riley says, hesitating a little. She wasn't really sure how to react. 

"Okay?" Dean says, looking in disbelief. "That's it?"

"I mean you're right. We've been dating for what? Three days?"

"Five actually," Dean says, smiling at her. 

"Whatever," Riley says, laughing a little. "It's for your own good, I guess."

"Trust me. I got this handled," he says, giving her a boyish grin. "One last kiss before we officially break up?" 

Even though she had a slight doubt in him, she agreed. She pressed her lips to his cheek and smiled. "What? That's not what I meant!" Dean said, giving her a sad face. 

"Fine!" Riley said smiling at him. She cupped one her hands on his face and the other in his hair. Riley leaned in and kissed him slowly but softly. It didn't last as long as their last one but it was still good. 

"Are you sure you haven't had any practice before this?" Dean said. "You're actually a really good kisser."

"Stop it," Riley said laughing softly. 

***

Unfortunately for Peter, he happened to walk past the library when he saw Dean and Riley kissing. He felt as if the whole world had been against him today. First, he woke up with that embarrassing dream, now he sees them kissing? Could this day get any worse? 

On the ride home, Anastasia sat by him. "Hey, you. We haven't talked in a while. You wanna hang out tonight? Me, you, Ned, and Michelle?" 

"I'll see. I might have plans," Peter said, thinking for a moment, scrolling through texts on his phone. 

"Like what? Star Wars marathon by yourself?" Anastasia said, raising an eyebrow. 

"No! I'm just not sure yet," Peter laughing a little. 

"Come on Peter, loosen up, you've been really caught up with that internship lately and with Riley, who needs her anyway?" Anastasia said. She had yet to talk to Riley about what happened a few nights ago and it was driving her crazy. She had to tell someone.

"She's not as bad as you think you know," Peter said. This was really not helping his situation from earlier, even though whatever he remembered from this morning had mostly subsided. 

"That's because you're hopelessly in love with her," Anastasia exaggerated, making fun of him. 

"I am not," Peter said, looking at her in disbelief. 

"You so are," Anastasia said. "It really sucks that she's dating that jock. Now you have an even lesser chance of getting with her."

Peter sighed because he knew it was true. "Fine, I'll hang out with you guys," he said changing the subject. "What time?"

***

When Riley got home, the first thing she did was take a nap. She had the weirdest dream that she told Peter about the mission and her secret identity but there was no way she could stop it. Honestly, she was kind of happy she had the dream because if she didn't, she would have slept until 9 pm. 

Her headache had finally subsided and she sat up. On a Tuesday, the last thing she wanted to do was wait until the last minute for homework. Luckily, it was only 6 o'clock so she had a chance to get most of it done. Taking all of these extremely hard classes was very tiring and she was shocked at how she actually made it through them all.