Chapter 3

Peter was about ready to walk over to Riley and pull her away because he was so anxious, but he forgot his status around here and what the jocks would do to someone like him. 

Over at Riley's table, they had begun to talk about what is going on with the school's drama and also all the main clubs. She had purposely sat in a position to where she could keep an eye on Peter and when she saw him keep looking at her nervously, she averted her gaze to Alice and put on a smile. "So what kinds of things are you into, Riley?" Liz asked her. 

"I really like robotic engineering, decathlon, martial arts, and public speaking," Riley said, all of which is true. Her dad being Tony Stark probably triggered her love for the first one.

"Those are all really cool! We love an old money girl. Your grandfather was filthy rich and considering what your dad does and how smart you are, your presence here is greatly appreciated," Alice said, looking at Liz and nodding. Riley's smile turned slightly grim at that comment. "Robotic engineering is kind of nerdy, but it could be cool, and you'd make a ton of money. Now that you are one of us, we will ensure to pull all strings to get you where you want to be," Alice said, with a mischievous smile. Now, this was kind of starting to freak Riley out. Were they using manipulation to get these spots? Riley never wanted that, she wanted to earn her worth. What doesn't really help is the fact that her father was basically a celebrity, so if she wanted something, she usually got it.

"I don't know, I like to earn my place," Riley said, nervously. Alice looked shocked and kind of gave her a look like she was crazy.

"Okay, have it your way," Alice said, "but if you ever need anything at all, you can always come to us." Then she turned to Liz and talking about someone she didn't know yet. Then, she decided that since she was over here, she might as well get more details about what Peter's role was around here.

"So, um, what do you guys think of Peter Parker?" Riley asked, kind of changing the subject from whatever they were talking about. 

"Peter? He's kind of a dork, but he's super smart," Liz said, nodding. 

"He used to have a huge crush on Liz, then, something happened and he just dropped it," Alice said, making it clear she didn't have a positive attitude towards the boy. "They went to homecoming together last year, but he ditched her right away. Also, I heard he still plays with Legos," she said, laughing with Liz. "He's really awkward too. Clumsy and stumbling over his words."

"I have every class with him so far, and he doesn't seem that bad," Riley says, making her point.

Then, one of the guys sitting at the table directly behind them came up. "Hey, babe," he said, kissing Alice on the cheek. "Who's this?" he said, eyeing Riley. She could tell he was an asshole, but Alice didn't notice, or care, for that matter.

"This is Riley," Alice said. "Riley, this is my boyfriend Dan, he's captain of the football team."

"Nice to meet you," Riley said, smiling fakely.

"You're Stark's daughter, right?" he asked. 

"Yup," Riley said, sighing. 

"Nice. Any way you could get a party held at your house?"

"Okay, well. if you guys don't mind, I'm going to walk around and meet some new people," Riley said, completely ignoring Dan. What she didn't mention was that she was focusing on one group in particular. As she made her way back to where Peter was sitting, she met some of the jocks and hippie musicians, who weren't really interested.  When she got to Peter's table about 5 minutes later, some of them had left to go talk to a teacher while 4 of them were remaining in the cafeteria.