Chapter 5

Pepper texted Riley at 8 o'clock sharp. Aunt May went to her bedroom to get dressed, saying goodbye before she went. Peter walked Riley to the door. "I had a ton of fun tonight," Riley said to him.

"Yeah, so did I," Peter said, smiling back at her.

"We should definitely do it again," Riley said. "See you in school, Pete."

When Riley got into the car, the heat felt good. Pepper turned to her immediately asked her. "So, how was your date with Spider-Man?"

"First of all, it wasn't a date, and second, it was really fun," Riley said, rolling her eyes and then smiling.

"That's what it'll start as," Pepper said. "Soon, they probably will be dates, and if it does happen, I won't mention it to your dad because he'd freak out."

"Yeah, obviously. But why are you assuming that we are gonna become a thing?" Riley said, furrowing her brows.

"You're both young and both of you know that if you date is probably gonna have to kept in secret because your father would kill both of you," Pepper says, and every word she says is true. "Also because I saw him looking out his window making sure you got in the car safely and you shouldn't let go of a guy like him."

Riley smiled and looked back up to see if he was there, but he wasn't. Riley smiled and they headed back to Long Island. About an hour later, she was home. Her big house was kind of familiar to her. It faced the ocean which was really cool. She and her dad also had balconies which were used pretty often. They also had their own bathrooms. She was so lucky to be this privileged.

Her house always smelled of candy apples, which was strange because they were in the middle of winter and they did not have candy or apples. Maybe, it was a candle or something. Pepper dropped her off and then left. Riley walked into her house and began going up to her room when her dad called out to her. "Riley, is that you?"

"Yeah," she yelled back. She heard his light footsteps jogging up the stairs and then he appeared at the top of the steps.

"How did it go with Peter?" he asked her. He looked super tired and she just wanted him to go to sleep. Sometimes she wished they could just be over-protective rich family, not celebrities. Most people didn't know she existed, but everyone knew her dad.

"It went good," Riley said. "We did some studying and watched a movie. His Aunt May is super sweet and didn't seem too amused when I said you were my father."

Tony let out a laugh and then said, "That's strange. Usually, middle-aged women have crushes on me."

"Dad, that took it a little too far," Riley said, cringing.

"Whoops, sorry. That's good that you and Peter are friends. Anything else happen between the two of you?" Tony said, hinting at something 'more than friends' would do.

"Nope," Riley said, loudly. She was unsure of her feelings for Peter. She had never really had a guy friend before so maybe this is just her reaction to it.

"Good," her dad said. He turned to go back downstairs to finish whatever he was working on.

"Dad, wait. Please go to sleep," Riley said. "You look super tired."

"You're right. I am really tired. But, I'm always tired, things don't change," Tony said. Riley raised her eyebrows. "Fine, I'll come up in a few minutes. I just have to finish making a modification to the suit."

"Okay," Riley said, smiling a little. "Goodnight." She headed up to her room and got in her pajamas. However, she stayed up for a little bit thinking that her life had changed completely. Because it had. Her morning routine changed, so did her social interactions, and so on. Then, she dozed off to sleep.