Chapter 19

Riley was in complete and utter shock as she saw what she thought was the last of her dad as his camera has been disconnected and the screen went black. She held back a sob covered her mouth. She couldn't cry. Not here in front of everyone. The people around her frantically trying to fix the issue, but nothing seemed to be working. 

Riley had to do something. She didn't want to feel helpless any longer. She raced towards the car and drove to the city. She got to the building and rushed inside. Even though it probably wasn't safe, she took the elevator to the top floor, trying to hold back her tears, then climbed up the ladder to get to the roof. When she got up there, everyone looked over in shock. 

She looked like some sort of hero who had come to save the day. With her hair was blowing in the wind and a determined look in her eyes, Riley spoke. "What did you do to him?" she asked, her voice shaking. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Electra started. "He did that to himself. He's trying to save the world. Who are you anyway?"

"Riley, you need to leave immediately," Steve said, walking over to her. "It's too dangerous up here." Now, Electra was starting to get an inkling of who she was.

"Wait a second," Electra said, a devilish smile appearing on her face. "You're his daughter, his precious little miracle. If something happened to you, he would be devastated. I could have some fun with you."

Riley was now beginning to feel uncomfortable. Any power she had felt had now vanished, now feeling very vulnerable. Compared to all of these heroes, she seemed like nothing. "Don't touch her," Steve said, stepping in front of her. "She has nothing to deal with this."

"Oh, but she does," Electra said. "She has everything to deal with this." She took a few steps closer, Steve bringing up his shield. Electra came over and looked into her eyes. "I could recognize those eyes anywhere, especially since when you were wearing all black that's all I could see."

"What are you talking about?" Steve asked her, not letting his position falter for a second. 

"On the night I successfully used a distraction on you guys, your little friend here successfully attacked me," Electra said, matter-of-factly. "Now, it's my turn to hurt you."

***

It took a moment for Peter to process what he was hearing. Riley? Successfully attacked her? The night of the distraction?

Now, he realized that the girl he had seen and mysteriously vanished near the tree had a very familiar identity. Now, she was going to be the one attacked. 

"No," Steve said, standing in front of Riley.

"What are you going to do to stop me, Cap?" Electra said, looking up at him, taunting him. She shot a spark at him, which he quickly blocked with his shield, it absorbs the shock rather than reflecting off of it.

Riley knew she could end this with one thought, but she needed Electra to help get her dad back. She turned her attention to Peter, who was looking at her in wonder, awe, and horror. All in one expression so powerful she could see it through his mask. Riley closed her eyes and focused on the being of Electra. As she was about to shoot another spark, she fell to the ground, writhing in pain. 

Riley had never used her powers in large proximity before, so when she stopped she began to feel light headed and felt a trickle of blood come out of her nose. Natasha and Steve took this moment to put a protective cuff around Electra's hands to prevent her from making more sparks and chained her to the hatch, leading back to the building.

Electra began to cry. It wasn't a cry of defeat, it was a cry someone used when they were in so much pain, they just wanted it to be over. "Y-you're a monster!" Electra managed to choke out, pointing a cuffed hand towards her.