The Curse Of The Black Spot Pt. 1

*On deck*

A captain picks up his duelling piece.

"Same as all the others. No sign of a struggle, no bones or blood."

"We're shark bait, every single one of us. Stuck on the ocean, waiting."

"Until the wind changes" there is thumping from below deck "what's that?"

"It's the creature. It's returned" the hatch to the hold bursts open.

"Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?" the Doctor asks, {Y/N} picks a bit of seaweed off her jacket and smiles.

*Time skip*

"We made no signal."

"Our sensors picked you up. Ship in distress" {Y/N} says.

"Sensors?"

"Yes. Ok, problem word. Seventeenth century. Our ship automatically, er, noticed-ish that your ship was having some bother" the Doctor says.

"That big blue crate?"

"That is more magic, Captain Avery. They're spirits. How else would they have found their way below decks?"

"Well, er, we want to say multidimensional engineering, but since you had a problem with sensors, I won't go there" {Y/N} says.

"Look, I'm the Doctor, this is {Y/N}, Amy and Rory. We're sailors, same as you. Ooo ar. Except for the gun thing. And the beardiness."

"You're stowaways. Only explanation. Eight days, we've been stranded here, becalmed. You must have stowed away before we sailed."

"Now what do we do with 'em?"

"Oh, I think they deserve our hospitality."

*On deck*

The Doctor is being made to walk the plank.

"I suppose that laughing like that is in the job description. Can you do the laugh? Check. Grab yourself a parrot. Welcome aboard" the Doctor says.

"Stocks are low. Only one barrel of water remains. We don't need three more empty bellies to fill. Take the doxy's below to the galley. Set them, to work. They won't need much feeding."

"Rory? A little help?" Amy says Rory is being held by Dancer, an African born sailor.

"Yeah. Hey, listen, right? They're not doxy's" Rory says.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't mean just tell him off" {Y/N} says.

"Thanks anyway," Amy says.

"If you're lucky you'll drown before the sharks can take a bite."

"If this is just because I'm a captain too, you know, you shouldn't feel threatened. Your ship is much bigger than mine. And I don't have the cool boots. Or a hat, even" the Doctor says, {Y/N} looks at him.

"Time to go."

"A bit more laughter, guys?" {Y/N} turns to see Amy no longer there instead Amy has gone to the hold and found a crate of cutlasses.

"Where are the rest of the crew? This is a big ship. Big for five of you. I suppose the rest of them are hiding someplace, and they're going to jump out and shout boo" {Y/N} says.

"Boo!" Amy has taken the time to don a coat and tricorn hat "throw the gun down" Avery obeys. She kicks it away "the rest of you, on your knees."

"Amy, what are you doing?" the Doctor asks.

"Saving your life. Ok with that, are you?" she asks.

"Oh, I am" {Y/N} says as Amy throws her a sword.

"Put down the sword. A sword could kill us all, girls."

"Yeah, thanks. That is actually why we're pointing it at you" Amy says the rest of the sailors start a sword fight with the two girls, using wooden staves, while Avery holds on to the Doctor. However, the sailors are terrified of getting even the smallest cut from the blades. Amy runs up some steps then swings across on a rope, slashing at the sailor holding Rory as she goes.

"You have killed me."

"No way. It's just a cut" a black spot appears on his palm "what kind of rubbish pirates are you?"

"One drop, that's all it takes. One drop of blood and she'll rise out of the ocean."

"Come on, I barely even scratched him. What are you all in such a huff about?" Amy makes another swing and is grabbed. She drops the cutlass and Rory grabs for it, cutting himself.

"Ow! Argh!" a black spot appears.

"Er, {Y/N}, what's happening to me?" he asks as she kneels in front of him.

"She can smell the blood on your skin. She's marked you for death" Avery says.

"She?" {Y/N} asks.

"A demon, out there in the ocean."

"Ok. Groovy. So not just pirates today. We've managed to bagsy a ship where there's a demon popping in. Very efficient. I mean, if something's going to kill you, it's nice that it drops you a note to remind you" the Doctor says as a wordless singing starts.

"Quickly now, block out the sound."

"What?" Rory asks.

"The creature. She charms all her victims with that song."

"Oh, great. So, put my fingers in my ears, that's your plan? {Y/N}, come on. Let's go. Let's get back to the er, back to the er" Rory and Dancer start giggling, {Y/N} tilts her head.

"The music. It's working on him. Look."

"You are so beautiful," Rory says looking at Amy.

"What?"

"I love your get up. That's great. You should dress as a pirate more often. Hey, hey, cuddle me, shipmate" Rory hugs {Y/N}.

"Rory, stop" {Y/N} says.

"Everything is totally brilliant, isn't it? Look at these brilliant pirates. Look at their brilliant beards. I'd like a beard. I'm going to grow a beard."

"You're not," Amy says.

"The music turns them into fools."

"Oh, my God," Amy says, a bright light is rising up through the water. A female figure then flies up and gently lands on the deck. Dancer goes towards her while Amy and {Y/N} try to hold Rory back. When Dancer touches her finger, he explodes in a cloud of soot.

"I have to touch her. Let me touch her."

"Sorry, but he is spoken for," Amy says, the Siren turns from white to angry red, and a blast of energy throws Amy and {Y/N} backwards, {Y/N} quickly helps Amy up.

"{Y/N}! Amy! Everybody into the hold. Rory! Come on!" the Doctor drags Rory away, {Y/N} and Amy following close behind.

"Hey! Wait!" Rory shouts.

---

~Bread 🍞