COUNTDOWN 12

Qing Shia shouted, "Xiao Wei! Have you heard?" I turned my head to see my best friend who had just come into our class. Qing Shia said enthusiastically, "BUN will come to Beijing to promote his new novel next week! Finally! We can see him in person! Oh! I am so excited!" I asked with enthusiasm, "Really??" Qing Shia nodded excitedly.

"I wonder what he looks like, I mean... My favourite author, BUN," I  said in my heart as I imagined meeting my favourite author in person.

Once I got home from college, I marked my calendar so I wouldn't miss the important day. I fell in love with BUN's works after reading his novel titled Monster.

I got Monster from my older brother, Wu Yi Fan. He said in order to improve my korean language, I needed to read something in korean language.

Yi Fan knew I loved reading novels so he gave me a novel on my birthday a few months ago. Since then, I started to hunt all BUN's novels. Every time I spotted BUN's novel which I didn't have yet, I would buy it instantly.

I already had Black Pearl, Wolf, Two Moons, Exodus and Monster. I would like to have more of BUN's novels.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Can you go home by yourself later? I have important meeting today," said Yi Fan. I nodded. Yi Fan ruffled my hair and said with a smile, "I can't wait for the day you become my second hand in our company."

I pouted and said, "Gege (older brother)! Don't mess up my hair! I have spent 2 hours to look pretty today." Yi Fan chuckled and said, "Sorry." I got off the car then fixed my hair using my fingers while looking into the side rearview mirror of Yi Fan's car.

"Xiao Wei! Over here!" I heard Qing Shia's shouting voice from a distance. She was already in front of the bookstore with the other visitors. I ran to approach Qing Shia.

After waiting for about 2 hours, finally, the bookstore opened. Qing Shia and I along with other visitors went inside the bookstore immediately.

A brunette Korean guy showed up and greeted us with a wide smile, "Hello everyone! My name is Byun Baek Hyun. Thank you for coming here today to give us support for our newly released novel. You will get the author's autograph if you buy our novel just for today until 2 PM. You can get the novel at the front desk near the cashier. The title of our novel is Sweet Lies."

A Chinese girl who stood next to Baek Hyun translated Baek Hyun's words into chinese language. Then Baek Hyun went into a room which was made temporarily by using bulkhead boards.

The people in front of me started to grab Sweet Lies novel from the front desk. After they had paid the novel, they were guided one by one by the translator girl into the room where Baek Hyun entered earlier.

It was finally my turn. I became nervous as I walked with the translator girl heading to that room. There, I saw a black haired guy with a mask sitting behind the desk while holding a marker and Baek Hyun stood next to him.

I gave my Sweet Lies novel to the author to be signed. I said in korean language, "I really love your novels, BUN-ssi. My favourite novel is Monster." Baek Hyun said in surprise, "Oh! You are fluent in korean language!" Meanwhile the author stayed silent and signed my Sweet Lies novel without looking at me.

I asked in korean language, "BUN-ssi, could you please write my name below your autograph?" The author nodded, then I told him my name, "Wu Xiao Wei." The author wrote my name in korean hangeul and it turned out funny to be read because it became U Shia Wei. "Thank you," I said in korean language and the author nodded at me.

Baek Hyun said with a smile, "I am sorry, BUN can't talk for now. He is having a throat problem." "Aa~" I said with nods. Baek Hyun said in chinese language, "Thank you." I smiled at Baek Hyun.

Baek Hyun shouted in korean language, "Next one, please!" I still wanted to talk more with the author, but it seemed my time was up, so I left the room immediately. 

Once I got home, I threw myself to my bed. I felt so happy thus I couldn't stop smiling. I met my favourite author, talked to him, got his autograph and he even wrote my name! The best part of all was the author had a nice body posture. I had a feeling that he was a good looking guy although I didn't see his face in whole because it was covered by his mask.

I grabbed my smartphone and called Qing Shia. I said happily on the phone, "Qing Shia... I think I just fell in love with BUN!" Qing Shia replied over the phone, "Good for you... I never thought this day would come because you never liked any man except your beloved gege."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

3 months later.

Yi Fan came home with a tangled face. I asked, "Gege, what's wrong?" Yi Fan didn't say anything. That night we had a quiet dinner because my parents also didn't say anything throughout the dinner.

The next day when I came home from college, I saw a good looking man chatting with my dad in our living room. My mom and Yi Fan were also there. Once my dad saw me, he called me to join them.

"This is our daughter, Wu Xiao Wei... Xiao Wei, this is Lu Han. He is the CEO of EXO branch company in China," said my dad. Lu Han replied with a smile, "She is so lovely. I am sure my boss will treat her very well." My mom looked so sad. 

I got up from my seat right away and asked, "What is this about?" Yi Fan and my mom stared at me sadly without saying anything. "I know where this goes,"  I said in my heart, then I left the living room without saying anything. I went to my room right away.

Yi Fan came into my room and hugged me while saying sadly, "Gege is at fault... I made the wrong decision." I looked at Yi Fan in silence. "Xiao Wei... I am so sorry," Yi Fan said with teary eyes.

"So?" I asked with a hope that I was wrong in predicting this matter. "Our company's finance is not in a good state now... And... You are... The only hope... To save us now," Yi Fan replied in a breaking voice while holding back his tears. I felt like being struck by the lightning in the middle of the day.

I pushed Yi Fan and shouted, "No! I don't want to! How could you all sacrifice me? I don't wanna marry someone I don't love!" I looked at Yi Fan with teary eyes and said, "Moreover... If he is the boss of one large company in China, doesn't that mean he is as old as our papa? Or maybe even older than our papa."

Yi Fan stared at me and said sadly, "We have too many debts now... Only you who can save us now... I also don't want this to happen... But... We don't have any other option." I threw myself to my bed and cried.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Qing Shia came to visit me because I had skipped college for almost 1 week. How could I go to attend my college if I didn't even want to live? I felt suddenly I had lost all my future, my hopes, my dreams, my everything, if I had to marry someone I didn't love. Moreover if the man I would marry was old enough to be my dad.

Qing Shia asked worriedly, "Why didn't you go to college? Are you sick?" I shook my head, then I told Qing Shia everything in tears. "If I were you, I wouldn't cry in my room but I would run away from home to find BUN. I will tell him that I love him and ask him to marry me," said Qing Shia. I stopped sobbing and looked at Qing Shia. I held Qing shia's hand and asked, "Will you help me?" Qing Shia nodded with a smile.

When everyone was sleeping, I secretly left my house, bringing my suitcase. I went to meet Qing Shia and Yi Xing in the middle of the night at a 24/7 fast food restaurant.

Yi Xing gave me a sealed envelope and said, "Tao will pick you up at Incheon International Airport. You just need to show this letter to Tao and he will know what to do next." I asked Yi Xing confusedly, "Incheon? Seoul?" Qing Shia said to encourage me, "You can speak korean language so I believe you won't have a problem to stay in Seoul."

"And this is your ticket. We have booked you a flight to Seoul for this morning," Qing Shia said while handing over the flight ticket to me. "Come on, we need to leave now or Xiao Wei will miss the plane," said Yi Xing.

Yi Xing mumbled in low voice, "Ah... Yi Fan will kill me if he knows I help his meimei (younger sister) run away from home." Qing Shia heard Yi Xing's mumble, she glared at Yi Xing and said, "It's okay If you don't wanna help. You can go home now and don't you ever come to see me again!" "Aiyowei... That's not what I mean," Yi Xing said with a whine.