The Day Of The Moon Pt. 2

*Graystark Hall Orphanage*

"Hello?"

"FBI. You must be Doctor Renfrew. Can we come in?" Canton asks.

"The children are asleep."

"We'll be very quiet," Amy says.

"Is there a problem?"

"It's about a missing child."

"What are you. Yes, come in, please. This way. Please excuse the writing. It keeps happening. I try to clean it up" on the wall up the staircase are the words Get Out Leave Now in large red letters.

"It's the kids, yeah? They did that" Amy says.

"Yes, the children. It must be, yes. Anyway, my office is this way."

"We nearly didn't come to this place. I understood Graystark Hall was closed in 67."

"That's the plan, yes."

"The plan?"

"Not long now."

"It's 1969."

"No, no. We close in 67. That's the plan, yes."

"You misunderstood me, sir. It's 1969 now."

"Why are you saying that? Of course, it isn't."

"July."

"My office is this way. This way."

"I'll check upstairs," Amy says.

"Be careful" the first dormitory is derelict and deserted, with the walls graffitied with Leave Me Alone and Get Out Now.

*Apollo 11*

*Amy" {Y/N} says.

"I think we've found the place she was taken from."

"How do you know?"

"Because those things have been here. But the whole place is deserted. There's just one guy here and I think he's lost it."

"Repeated memory wipes fry your head eventually. Find out what you can, but don't hang around."

"Where are you?"

"Got to go. Got company" the Doctor closes the panel he and {Y/N} had been working on.

"Don't worry, we've put everything back the way we found it. Except this. There's always a bit left over, isn't there?" the scientists are not amused. The gizmo quietly beeps to itself inside the module.

*Dormitory*

The door slams shut behind Amy. She tries to open it then sees the blinking light in her palm.

"I can see them, but I think they're asleep. Get out. Just get out!" she tries the windows then sees the tally marks on her hands, and then the lightning shows her reflection in the glass. There are tally marks on her face, too. The aliens are hanging from the ceiling in a cluster, like bats. She bumps into a bucket and they start to wake. Then the door opens and she forgets it all.

*Lecture hall*

Diagrams of the command module and the lander on the blackboards.

"Now, one more time, sir, ma'am. How the hell did you get into the command module?"

"We told you. We're on a top-secret mission for the President" {Y/N} says as the Doctor tries to bite through the handcuffs.

"Well, maybe if you just get President Nixon to assure us of that, ma'am, that would be swell."

"I sent him a message," the Doctor says, the President enters, with River and Rory.

"Hello. I believe it's Mister Gardner. Is that correct? Head of Security?"

"Er, yes sir. Yes, Mister President."

"Mister Grant, is it?"

"Yes, Mister President."

"he hopes and dreams of millions of Americans stand here today at Cape Kennedy, and you're the men who guard those dreams. On behalf of the American people, I thank you."