Chapter 10: The Party

Start from the beginning

"People who aren't friends don't do things like this" I say to him as I push him away from me, why is he acting so cautious? And why doesnt he have a bandage on his head? He's going to get an infection.

"Maze just stay away from me ok?" He sternly says then puts his hood back on his head and faces away from me. I sigh at his actions maybe because I was hoping that he'd greet me with open arms.

"I know we're not friends anymore but I was at least hoping we could be civil. I told you some deep stuff about me in order to comfort you not because I pitied you but because for some reason I felt as if I could trust you. I guess I'm a foolish person" I say to his back and wait to see whether he would respond but he doesn't instead he plugs in his earphones into his ears and crosses his arms. I move away from him with a frown on my face and I look up to see train guy staring at me with his eyebrows furrowed. He looks as if he wants to say something but he never does, I get off the next step feeling curious.

What was he going to say?

*****

School was boring since its Friday, I know Fridays are supposed to be the best since its the last day of school but for me they're the worst. For starters I don't have an English lesson on Friday so I don't get to see Mr. Kim, on Fridays Dre isn't in school because he goes for gymnastics training and on Fridays I realise that I have two whole days with my parents. Them draining me morally and trying to patronize me but luckily for me this weekend they are both out of the house and I'll be alone. I'm always alone anyways.

"Maze is that you? Of course it's you, who else smells like candies and a Church?" I hear GD's voice causing me to turn to my left, I hope he wasn't waiting for me to walk by on my way home because it's really cold out here.

"GD you shouldn't be out here it's too cold" I run towards him and quickly take off my jacket and put it around him. He smiles at my kind gesture then links arms with me as he leads me towards his house.

"Being blind has its perks, all your sense are amplified and pretty young ladies hand you their jackets" he smirks at me. He opens his front door and we both enter he's well decorated house catching me off guard, it was only yesterday that I mocked his bland taste. "I got my friends to do a little tweaking"

"Well it looks amazing" I beam as I begin to look around even more. He has amazing taste lots of colours and weird paintings but no pictures of him or his family and now that I think of it he never talks about his family.

"Look what I got for you" I hear him say making me jump on the spot. I turn around and see him holding a long red dress in his arms which looks more expensive than my house. "Its for the party tonight, I want to leave a mark on the host's mind" he grins.

"Its beautiful but I don't think I'll be able to attend" I sigh as I think about the fact that I don't have my parents approval nor will I ever get it.

"Maze you have to come I can't be on my own, I am just a blind man" he sighs making me feel bad. I look at the dress one more time and I think to myself, what harm will I do attending one party? I'm being a good Samaritan by helping GD have a good time. Do I even know how to have a good time?

"Where can I get changed?" I ask him and immediately a smile grows on his face. He throws me the dress and leads me towards an empty bedroom with a massive glass mirror. I take off my clothes and I stare at the red dress in awe, it's too beautiful I'm afraid I'll ruin it. I slip in the dress and it fits like a glove, I begin to admire myself in the mirror something that I have never done before. I've never looked at myself in the mirror before because I've never felt the need to. For once in my life I don't look like Maze the quiet girl from Church I look like Maze the adventurous and quite sexy girl.