The Impossible Astronaut Pt. 5

"Are you ok?" Rory asks.

"Ah. Yes, yes. I just felt a bit sick. It's the prison food, probably. Ok, this way? What do you think?" River asks.

"I keep thinking I hear things," Rory says.

"That's interesting. These tunnels are old. Really old. How can they be really old and nobody notice them?" River asks they come across a metal door.

"It's a maintenance hatch," Rory says.

"It's locked. Oh, why do people always lock things?"

"What's through there?"

"I've no idea."

"Something bad?"

"Almost definitely."

"You're going to open it, aren't you?"

"Well, it's locked. How's a girl supposed to resist?"

"Is this sensible?"

"God, I hope not."

"Oh, you and {Y/N}. I can kind of picture it."

"Keep a lookout."

"What did you mean? What you said to Amy. There's a worst day coming for you."

"When I first met {Y/N}, a long, long time ago, she knew all about me. Think about that. An impressionable young girl and, suddenly this woman just drops out of the sky and she's clever and mad and wonderful and knows every last thing about the girl. Imagine what that does to a her."

"I don't really have to."

"The trouble is, it's all back to front. My past is her future. We're travelling in opposite directions. Every time we meet, I know her more, she knows me less. I live for the days when I see her, but I know that every time I do, she'll be one step further away. And the day is coming when I'll look into that women's eyes, my {Y/N}, and she won't have the faintest idea who I am. And I think it's going to kill me" she gets the door unlocked, they go into the chamber, dry ice is wafting across the floor. A hum of machinery.

"What is this place?" Rory asks.

"That's an alarm. Check if anything's coming" Rory looks outside and sees the aliens, but when he turns back...

"There's nothing out there."

"These tunnels, they're not just here, they're everywhere. They're running under the surface of the entire planet. They've been here for centuries" the lights start flickering "Rory!"

*Warehouse*

"So, you were kicked out of the FBI because you had attitude problems?" Amy asks.

"No, I just wanted to get married," Canton says.

"Is that a crime?"

"Yes. Doctor who, exactly?"

"Ah. That's classified."

"Classified by who?"

"God knows."

"Do you work for them?"

"They're my friends if friends are the right word. I haven't seen them in a while. I had something I wanted to tell {Y/N}, but stuff always gets in the way."

"Stuff does that."

"Help me! Help! Help me!"

"That's her" Amy suddenly doubles over.

"Amy?" {Y/N} asks.

"Help me! Please!" the Doctor runs over as well.

"What's wrong?" {Y/N} asks.

"I need to tell you something. It's important" Amy says.

"Doctor! {Y/N}!"

"It's really, really important."

"Doctor, {Y/N}, quickly!"

"What, now?" {Y/N} asks, they run through the warehouse to find Canton on the floor.

"Canton! Canton, are you ok?" the Doctor asks.

"Is he, all right?" Amy asks.

"Just unconscious. Got a proper whack."

"{Y/N}, I need to tell you something. I have to tell you it now."

"Not a great moment" {Y/N} says.

"No, it's important. It has to be now!"

"Help! Help me! Help me!" Amy kneels down.

"{Y/N}, I'm pregnant, heavy footsteps behind them "that's it. The astronaut" the astronaut points at {Y/N}. Amy reaches for Canton's gun. The astronaut raises its visor... it is the little girl.

"Help me!"

"Get down!" Amy says.

"What are you doing?" {Y/N} asks.

"Saving your life!"

"No!" {Y/N} shouts, the Doctor grabs her pulling her back, Amy shoots at the astronaut, and screams.

---

~Bread 🍞