Chapter 1: Not-So-Ancient Prophecies

EXT. MOUNTAIN TOP – NIGHT 

TWO FIGURES stand locked in combat against each other atop a tall and craggy mountain. Rain pours down heavily. Lightning crackles and thunder booms to emphasize every movement. Blow after furious blow is struck. Lightning strikes illuminate the faces of the combatants.

We see a close up of MASTER WU, a wise-looking old man with a long white beard. He wears a white robe and a conical hat. His weapon is a long, wooden staff.

Opposite him is his brother, LORD GARMADON, a far taller adversary owing to his towering horned helmet and double torso that sports four arms. He wears black samurai armor that matches his skin, which has been charred black due to his corruption. His red, glowing eyes are also signs of his corruption. His weapons are four katanas, one in each hand.

Despite Lord Garmadon's extra arms, Master Wu defends himself well. The two appear locked in a stalemate.Lord Garmadon makes a demonic, fanged smile as he speaks.

LORD GARMADON: You will never defeat me, brother. 

MASTER WU: It is not my destiny to defeat you. But it will be your son's.

Angered, Lord Garmadon uses his swords to push Master Wu away in a burst of energy.

LORD GARMADON: You leave Luh-loyd out of this!

Master Wu remains calm but his eyes fixed on Lord Garmadon. His voice is resolute.

MASTER WU: One day, your son, LLOYD GARMADON, will defeat you, as the prophecy foretold. I invoke it!

A powerful burst of thunder and lightning strikes ominously as Wu says this. We pan up to see a large object fall from the sky. It is a non-Lego fortune cookie. It breaks apart as it crashes on the ground, revealing the fortune prophecy within written in glowing, gold ink.

LORD GARMADON: Prophecy? Well, two can play at that game. One day, my son, Lloyd Garmadon will join me and my evil ways.

MASTER WU: (shocked) What?!

LORD GARMADON: Together, we will conquer Ninjago and we shall be unstoppable, as the prophecy foretold.

MASTER WU: No!

LORD GARMADON: I...

MASTER WU: You...

LORD GARMADON: ...invoke...

MASTER WU: ...wouldn't...

LORD GARMADON: ...it.

MASTER WU: ...dare!

Another powerful burst of thunder and lightning strikes ominously as though to punctuate the gravity of their words. Another non-Lego fortune cookie falls from the sky. It falls between the two brothers, causing them to jump away to safety. Both witness the fortune cookie splitting in half before them as the glowing prophecy fortune writes itself into existence.     

LORD GARMADON: Oh, I dare

LORD GARMADON: Oh, I dare. I have every right to dare. Our entire realm has the power to invoke prophecies on a whim. We control the destinies of every citizen in Ninjago! We should be gods!

MASTER WU: Father would not have wanted this!

LORD GARMADON: Well, father is no longer here. We've squandered our potential long enough, brother, and now it is to time to re-make Ninjago in my image.

MASTER WU: I may not be the one to defeat you, Garmadon. But I will make sure you don't succeed.

Lord Garmadon sees something behind Master Wu. He smirks confidently knowing he has the upper hand, all four of them.

LORD GARMADON: Hey, whatever lets you sleep at night, brother.

A large shark-shaped flying vessel, the SKY SHARK, arrives from the clouds. It lowers its anchor, which Lord Garmadon grabs onto as it flies by.

LORD GARMADON: Looks like my ride's here. Another time, brother.

Garmadon leaves on the Sky Shark. His evil laughter echoes in the distance. Wu is left on the mountain but he has a determined look on his face.

MASTER WU: I, Master Wu, swear the solemn oath to form a SECRET NINJA FORCE to stop Garmadon at every turn. I invoke it.

Dramatic thunder strikes. Cut to black as the last fortune cookie falls from the sky.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Ninjago or any other Ninjago-related properties. 

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter of my Ninjago Movie Script Rewrite. My goal is to condense the essence of 7 seasons of the tv show into one cohesive story, while following the basic plot of the Lego Ninjago Movie.