14// Date Night

"I thought you said this was just a boy's night?" I hissed at Louis as we leaned against the bonnet of his car. I was taking a long drag out of the rolled up paper and tobacco inside. I've never been a huge smoker but I guess when your life is turning to shit it helps relieve the pain a little.
"It was supposed to be Haz, I don't know how this happened?" he gestured towards the boys with their arms wrapped around the girls approaching us. Niall had his right arm draped over Lizzi's shoulder as she was giggling to Chloe next to her whose hand was tightly entwined with Liam's. He looked so happy and proud to be walking with her, to showing the world that she was his and ugh it pissed me off so much! That could be me, obviously I wouldn't be so cheesy about the whole thing but then that's Liam.
"Alright lads," Niall smiled brightly at the two of us and I could see Lizzi clinging to his jacket tighter than before. I blew a puff of smoke out into the air in the direction of Chloe and Liam but she didn't budge.
"Watch it mate." Liam moved his hand in the air to clear the smoke from Chloe and himself. I thought she would have shown a little more guilt on her face but instead she was openly holding Liam's hand and being a soppy couple with him. God I hated her sometimes.
"So why haven't you two got dates?" Lizzi pointed her long black finger nails between the two of us and I gave Louis a confused look and he also had his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"What?" Louis questioned the brunette as I put my cigarette out on the tarmac of the empty car park.
"Mate you said this was a date night" Niall questioned Louis and just one look at me denim jacket clad friend made us burst out into fits of laughter. I couldn't control it Niall was too naïve and how could he mistake a boys night into a date night. We've never had a 'date' night. I could tell the girls were becoming uncomfortable as the edged even further into their boyfriends than before.
"Niall mate I said boys night," he looked completely baffled and stunned at Louis's words and I couldn't help feel sorry for the lad, but it was worth seeing the expression on his and the girls faces, I mean Chloe's didn't change much but Lizzi's was a picture.
Just as we'd composed ourselves Zayn came across the tarmac with Perrie attached to his hand. They looked so loved up and I had to admit Perrie was the only girl here tonight I could really stand. I still didn't know where I stood with Chloe I mean it'd been a week since I ran out on her. I've tried Lilly's advice of trying to be friends with her but she keeps giving me the cold shoulder I don't want to push it too far were she completely blocks me out altogether.
"Hey lads" Zayn piped as her arrived late, Perrie gave a small smile and I returned it. "You two not bringing dates?" He looked between me and Louis and I already had a plan devised.
"There meeting us after the movie," Zayn nodded, Louis looked confused and Niall wasn't paying attention, Lizzi's looked quizzical and well Chloe and Liam were too busy talking to one another to notice anything else.
"Right then don't want to miss the movie," Liam, Niall and Zayn dragged themselves and their girlfriends along towards the entrance of the cinema whilst me and Louis trailed along at the back.
"Who is meeting us after the movie Haz?" I rolled my eyes at Louis and opened my hand in front of him for his phone. He caught on and placed the black iPhone into my palm. I unlocked the phone and started scrolling for his contacts. "What you doing haz?" he peered over my shoulder to the bright screen of his phone to see my thumb hovering over her name.
"Didn't you get with her at your party?" Louis nodded and was about to open his big mouth before I pressed the call button and handed the phone back to him. It rang three times and then her voice came through the speaker.
"Hey Jessy," I walked away while Louis sorted that out and I rang my own date.

*****

Half way through the movie and an empty cup of coke and the corns from the popcorn left I stood from my seat and left the movie theatre with a quick word to Louis that I needed the toilet.
I walked out through the back door and into the light corridor. I had to squint my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the corridor compared to the dark theatre I was previously sat in. I followed the signs towards the toilets and pushed myself through the door and into the smelly, dim green and yellow tilled toilet. We were in one of the oldest movie theatres and it was being closed down at the end of the year, but coming here since I was eleven with the lads even the state of the place didn't put us off the delicious popcorn they made or the general feel of the familiarity. It was one memory we could all clearly share and enjoy together and I loved that.
I pushed my hands on the small white porcelain sink and looked at my reflection in the dirty mirror. It was still visible for me to see my reflection but I wasn't really looking for that. I was looking for my inner self the person I was before the shit! I couldn't find him yet again, I don't think I ever will again I mean it's been three years of me looking and searching.
I splashed my face with the cool water coming from the rusty tap and pushed my unruly hair off my face.
I was enjoying the movie sitting next to Louis but I couldn't help looking at Chloe resting her head on Liam's shoulder and him grasping her hand in his. We stole some glances but it was minimal, I knew she wanted to give Liam all of her attention as he was giving her his.
It's been a whole week since we last spoke in the courtyard. I saw in school with Liam but I never looked at her or them. When they would join us at the table during lunch I'd make a pathetic excuse to leave or would go outside with Zayn for a smoke. I was following Lilly's advice to remove myself from being around them but this situation tonight seemed unavoidable, hence why I had the genius idea of inviting Lilly later on when we all go for pizza.
I just hope Lilly can distract me enough before I do anything stupid or say anything stupid to Chloe or Liam. I know what effect she has on me and I know the effect I have on her. I need to get closer to her before she completely shuts me out and runs off over the hills and into the sunset with Liam, leaving me here with the mess my life already is and the shards of broken pieces that stop me from following after her.

AN: Hey everyone!
So on Sunday I went to see One Direction in Manchester and it was the best night oh my entire life! I was standing and right by barrier and it was amazing! Best night of my entire life literally!
Anyway hope you all like the update, will hopefully be updating Friday night!
Remember to comment and vote! ILYA xxx