40// Fairy Lights

Big announcement at the end in the authors note! Enjoy the chapter xx

Valentine’s Day

I licked the triangle shape on the pink envelope and pressed it down to the other side of the paper, sealing the card. I have never given anyone a Valentine’s Day card before so this is a first for me.

 Me and Chloe have been seeing each other over the last week, just hanging out nothing serious yet, anyway. I want to take my time and not rush into anything I could come to regret.

 I arrived late to school on purpose, walking down the main corridor I came to Chloe's locker. I knew her combination, because she could never seem to open her locker without having a fight with it.

 Putting in the combination the door opens and I see all her folders, books from English, sprays, make-up and a red envelope. I pick up the envelope and Chloe's name is scrawled across the front in a sliver pen, Liam. He's sent her a Valentine’s Day card.

 I know he's missing her, of course he will he's in love with her but at the same time he broke up with her. He needs to move on and concentrate on Cambridge, sending a card isn’t going to help him, me or Chloe.

 It’s just going to confuse her even more and lead her away from me.

 I'm so tempted to take the card out the locker and put it in the bin, or burn it but I can't. I've already hurt Liam so much I can’t cause him anymore pain. I leave the card standing in its original position and place mine next to it.

This is even, its fair. It gives Chloe a choice, a chance to make up her own mind and to finally decide if it’s me or Liam she wants in her life.

 I close the locker over and rest my head against the cool metal slamming my fist against it letting out a grunt.

 "Mr Styles," I spin on my feet and Mrs Foster is stood at the top of the corridor watching me. I stand from my slumped position and pull my jacket down smartening myself. "Can you tell me why you aren’t in your lesson?" She walks further towards me and her heels click against the tiled floor the way Chloe's did on her first day.

 "Delivering a card miss." I'm better being honest with her and I respect Mrs Foster. She raises her eyebrows and looks at the locker I'm stood in front of.

 "Miss Spencer, hmmm" I itch the back of my neck; I sheepishly can’t look at my teacher, "Clever girl, pretty girl." I nod along with her description of Chloe. "I've seen the way you look at her in my class Mr Styles." My face heated and I wanted the ground to sallow me up and remove me from this awkward conversation with my teacher. "You and Mr Payne both look at her, your look is more genuine. There is love behind your eyes Harry." I scoff at her assumption.

 "I don't love Chloe, Miss with all respect." She laughed at me and crossed her arms over her chest.

 "Harry looking at someone with love and loving someone are two completely different things my darling." She smiles and turns walking back down the corridor.

 "What does that mean?" I shout after her moving into the middle of the corridor.

 "You’re a clever boy you'll work it out." With that she turned the corner of the corridor and the bell rung loudly signalling the end of first period.

*****

"So what you and Liam have sent her card?" I just nod walking out of school with Louis on my tail.

"Yep," I was angry and frustrated, Liam hung round Chloe all day and I couldn't get a minute with her to see if she got my card or even read it.

"So what are you going to do?" I turned to my best mate as we stood in front of my car, running my hand through my hair I sighed trying to calm myself down.

"I'll wait for her to night at the place where we are supposed to have out first date. If she shows I guess she's chosen me and if she doesn’t …"

"She's chosen Liam." Louis finishes for me. I just nod my head as Louis pulls me into a hug. "You can come and sit with me and Jessy. We are having a move night with pizza nothing fancy." I laughed at his suggestion but flipped him off walking round to the driver’s side of my car. "Hope for the best but expect the worse."

I nodded at his wise words as I slid into my car seat.

Fumbling with the keys and pushed them into the ignition as the red lip key chain dangled down beside my leg. I rubbed my thumb over it closing my eyes wishing that just this once I get what I've been wishing for.

*****

I stand under the fairy lights that lightly twinkle in the cold February night sky. Hanging from the trees, it took me and Louis a good half an hour to hang the 500 of them.

 I loosen the second button of my untucked shirt and let the button fall open revealing more of my chest. It feels better to let the cool night air hit my hot and sweaty body.

I swig from the flute of champagne to lessen my nerves but it doesn’t seem to have any effect on my sweating and shaking hands.

I've never knew myself to be so nervous for a date, it just means so much to me I guess.

I step away and off the blanket and away from the date I had set up in the park where I first brought Chloe the night she asked me to pick her up.

I reach the path with the half-filled champagne flute in my hand. I turn around and admire my efforts and something from a movie that I had created for her.

The fairy lights twinkled like the stars above the large checked picnic blankets I had lent off my mum. The bottle of champagne which I'd opened is leaning against a wicker basket that my mum and Gemma have filled with food and deserts. There is also a bunch of twelve roses laying across the top of the closed basket for Chloe if she turns up.

I've been praying all day that she has chosen me or at least given me that chance.

I finish the sparkling liquid in my grasp and lean myself against a tree, running my hand along my face.

I turn away from the romantic movie scene I had created for us, I couldn't look at it while I was alone, it was hard to enjoy my efforts when they'd all been motivated by her.

 It had turned half seven, the time I had told to Chloe to meet me here for our date.

 I stood against the tree for a couple more minutes and nothing.

 I'm so naive to think that she would of chosen me, she was just using me.

 I couldn’t be bothered to pack up my things and take them home with me; some other prick can discover my efforts and use them himself.

 "Harry," my name was shouted from the opening and when I turned around to face the scene I couldn't help but …

A/N: Cliffhanger!!! I'm sorry hahah.

Promise you'll find out soon who it may or may not be hehe.

Anyway I have a big announcement to make!!!!

Since I'm not in school for a whole week! I will be posting a chapter everyday starting from Monday 27th October to Sunday 2nd November! That's 7 chapters!!!

I hope you like this chapter, and my announcement! Please comment, vote and share as always please!!!

ILYA xxx