33// Gone

"Can you all please be quiet!?" The chitter chatter, and general noise of the classroom quietened down.

Mrs Foster was looking at all of us, arms crossed and tapping her foot. She did not look happy.

Everyone turns in their seats to face the front of the room as the board marker squeaks down the white surface. The sound stings my ears, as a red line is drawn down the board.

My phone buzzes in my lap and I pick it up making sure Miss won't see it.

From Louis: Mate what's going on between you, Liam and Chloe?

I looked over to Louis and he just shrugged his shoulders. All I could do is return the action as I looked over my shoulder to Liam who was leant against the classroom wall concentrating on whatever Mrs Foster was talking about.

He caught my eye and scowled and then looked to Chloe, who was taking notes and handing Lizzi tissues.

Since New Year, Liam or Chloe have hardly spoken to me and I don't think it’s been much different on their ends. What do we say and Liam still doesn't know about me and Chloe. I wish I was a bit more like Niall, but I guess the guilt and secrecy isn't eating me alive like it was doing to him.

Niall broke up with Lizzi a few days after New Year; he came to me crying over it. He couldn't live with the guilt and the lying so he just told her. I'm guessing she hasn't taken it to well; she hasn't stop crying since she saw him this morning in the front yard.

It wasn't just the first day back to school today but we were all finding out our university places. We've been told we are all getting them at the end of the day. I mean it’s probably so we concentrate on our work and the school don’t have to deal with stressed kids or crying teenagers because they didn’t get their first choice.

I've applied to a university in London, Liverpool and Manchester. I plan to study business management at university. I can really see myself managing a large company and being a successful team leader, I don’t want to be stuck in Holmes Chapel for the rest of my life. I want to see the world and experience everything it has to offer. That’s the 'dream' hopefully.

*****

"Why is this queue so long?" Louis's slouched his body, letting his backpack fall off his shoulders.

"Mate there are 150 of us in the year." Louis huffed and crossed his arms, being the right diva he is.

I mean he had a point all they were doing was handing us a brown envelope and off we went to either celebrate or stress.

We were about half way from the front, and I could see Niall's and Zayn's quiff a little further in front of us at the table. They both turned away and stood together as they ripped there envelops open.