4// Pleading Eyes

Don't forget to comment and vote! Here's the chapter xx

To say I was relieved when I stepped through my front door was an understatement. Today at school was the most stressful, confusing and annoying day of my life. Louis had just dropped me home insisting that I go round to his later. After agreeing to my determined friend he dropped me off at my 3 bedroom, semi-detached red brick house. I loved our house; it wasn’t too big or too small and perfectly housed me, my mum and Gemma. Throwing my bag at the bottom of the staircase and flinging my jacket onto the banister I walked through to the back of the house were my mum was over the stove chopping away and my sister was sat flicking through a magazine whilst painting her nails red.

“Hey mum,” I kissed her cheek and moved to the fridge. The coolness spread over my face and received it welcoming. Picking up a bottle water I shut the door and moved next to my sister. Pulling the seat from the breakfast bar she looked up giving me a warm smile producing the dimples we both inherited from my mum.

“How was school hun?” my mum scrapped an array of vegetables into the pan and looked at me with the same grin as Gemma. Why are they smiling so widely, it’s not like we won the fucking lottery.

“Good.” Unscrewing the cap off my water I placed it onto my lips letting the cool water flow down my throat.

“Are you not going to tell him?” Gemma was looking at my mum while the two kept smiling like idiots. Wait what did she have to tell me? “Come on mum, he’ll be here in under an hour.” He? Who’s he? I looked at Gemma with a confused expression; she was looking at mum whose cheeks had brightened with a light blush. What was going on?

“Who’s he?” I asked, Gemma was still watching mum patiently for her to answer my question. I was close to mum and so was Gemma. I’m surprised she hadn’t told us together. Maybe it’s a girl thing.

“Well, you see son,” she brushed her short dyed brunette hair behind her ear as she kept moving round the kitchen to prepare dinner. “I’ve met someone, we’ve been out a couple of times and he’s a lovely man. He’s just divorced from his ex-wife and plays a big part in the community.” Her eyes were pleading with me trying to convince me that he was nice. “You may know him, from school.” School? Oh for fucks sake she was seeing one of my teachers. I stayed quiet; they were both probably expecting a big kick off, or for me to storm off. I mean that’s what happened that last time mum brought some one over for tea. My mum’s eyes were still pleading with me as I took another sip as my mouth had become dry after my mums news. I nodded my head so she knew I understood. I rose from my seat at the breakfast bar and brushed past them and made my way back to the hall to collect my bag and jacket.

“Do you think he took it okay?” I heard my mum’s worried tone to Gemma before I climbed the stairs. I mean I guessed I did, I sort of knew she was seeing someone. Her coming home late after seeing the girls, the new sliver BMW that dropped her home, she was acting like a teenager, but then the smile she wore when I’d give her a cup of tea when she come on is something I haven’t seen in years. Whoever he was, even if he worked at my school he must be alright to make my mum smile like a giddy teenage girl.

Flopping onto my bed, I pulled out my black journal. Okay it sounds weird a boy having a journal but it isn’t a diary and all that shit were I bitch about my mates or fantasize over my crush. Not that I have a crush, I’m the one girls crush over. It was a book which my grandad gave to me just before he passed away. He knew I was a keen writer and that’s what I used it for, to write. I opened a fresh page and started to think of what I could write about myself for Mrs Foster’s assignment.

******

“Harry, come down please your dinner is ready!” I’d just finished off my piece on myself, a page and a half long, not bad. I know I have two weeks but I like to be organized and have my work done. It makes sense because I have more time to myself. It’s pretty logical to be fair.

Slumping down the stairs, I ruffled my hair because it was a mess from lying on my bed. Swinging round the banister I check my appearance in the large mirror placed on the wall facing the stairs. I only look for a few seconds to make sure I look presentable to meet my mums ‘friend’.  Letting out a long breath I was holding I walked through to the kitchen once again were I heard laughter.

Leaning against the door frame, I saw Gemma hug the tall figure coated in a black trench. My mum was stood at their side while my sister was introduced to him.

“Oh Harry, I’d love you to meet, Robin.” The man turned round and I couldn’t help but let a scoff fall from my mouth. Was she taking the piss, her arm was wrapped round his and she was smiling up at him. Okay so she wasn’t pissing about. As if my head teacher was stood in my kitchen, in my home, with his arm round my mum, I felt sick. I could feel the sick moving up my throat; I couldn’t look at them smiling at each other I just couldn’t!

I ran out the kitchen and straight up the stairs slamming my bedroom door in the process. Digging my phone out my bag, I rang my best mate knowing he’d come to get me. He picked up the first ring,

“Lou can you come pick me up!” promising to be here as fast as he could. I walked over to the pile of clothes covering the mirror, ripping them all off I stared back at my reflection. I was clenching my teeth together as well as my fists and before I could process what I was doing the glass piled to the floor and my knuckles were bleeding onto the reflective surface at me feet. It created the perfect picture. My face in a billion pieces, pieces that can’t be fixed, or put back together. My life and now the blood from my knuckles was dripping onto the mess already created.

I grabbed my shit ignoring the stinging coming from my hand and pushed my door open to find my mum stood with her fist raised. I walked past her and down the stairs.

“Harry,” I turned to see the man, my head teacher. He gave me a look of sympathy and then to my hand. “You okay son?” This pushed me even further! Grabbing hold of his collar I pushed him back against the wall, whacking his head against the mirror.

“What did you call me?” He looked scared, good I wanted to strike fear into the man. He had no place to call me son! He’ll never be my father, who the fuck does he think he is.

“Harry get off him!” my mother’s plea from behind me didn’t make me move. I didn’t give a shit who begged I wasn’t letting go.

“Never call me that again, you can go fuck yourself, but I swear if you lay a hand on my mother it’s the last thing you’ll do.” Shoving him once again, I turned to the front door pulling it wide open. Not looking back I stormed to the end of the drive to Lou’s car.

“Harry!” my mum was stood on the front step with that same pleading look in her eye. I couldn’t look at her any longer I just pulled the large car door open and slammed it closed.

“Just drive Lou!” he did as I said and put the car into gear.

I guess I just couldn’t handle my mum trying to replace my dad. No one could replace him, he’s the person I looked up to, but he’s also the person that broke me three years ago.

A/N: I'm still doing covers of fan fics by request! Message me on this or through twitter. The twitter account is @HisGreenEyesxx 

Hope you liked the chapter, and Harry's little outburst, where's Louis taking him? Ooooo hahaha comment and vote I Love You All xxx