2// Meeting Your Match

I fell back against my locker once we’d gotten into school. The bell had gone as we stood waiting for Niall to finish sorting his books out. 

“So what did she say to you haz?” I’d been quiet since my run in with the new girl. I pushed my hair off my face and looked to my right seeing all my mates looking at me.

“Nothing important,” I brush it off shoving my ring clad hands into my worn jeans. The lads shrug and we make our way down the empty corridor.

“You’re going after her right? I mean mate she’s hot!” Louis jumped on my shoulders as the others went off into their own little conversations. Louis was the loudest in the group and he was my best mate. He’s always been able to read me even when I’ve got my guard up. I loved him for that, well most of the time. I shrugged my shoulders to answer his question. “Mate have you not seen her, she’s fucking –“

“Ahhhh Mr Tomlinson what a colourful vocabulary range you have,” Louis knocked my shoulder to stop my muffled laughing. Mr Carter our head teacher was stood in front of us, with a red clipboard and an expression of exhaustion. He was in his late 40s, was just a little taller than me and was dressed in a navy blue suit, fresh white shirt and a royal red tie.

“Where on our way to class now sir, I broke my locker again.” Niall spoke up as he looked over the five of us. We’ve all had our fair share of sitting in his office, more than others I suppose. He was used to our antics by now and I mean it was our final year. The five of us have been a group since day one when we were all 11. We sat in form together every morning, were all in classes together and so it not surprising how close we grew. Mr Carter raised his eyebrows at Niall and then looked to Liam. Oh how surprising! Liam was everyone’s favourite. He was the one who did his school work, got the A’s and the teachers instantly loved. I swear he was a 30 year old man in the body of a 17 year old. He won the awards, was on the athletic team and as I said all teachers loved him. We’ve corrupted him though; the Liam at parties and outside of school is my personal favourite.  Always up for anything and being a care free, young soul which is what the rest of us already embody.

“Liam may I ask you a favour,” he turned to Liam and the rest of us slipped away from the already boring conversation Mr Carter had started. 

******

“As I was saying Haz she’s fucking hot!” Louis hadn’t shut up about this new girl all morning. I mean nobody had really she was topic of conversation everywhere you bloody turned. I’d overheard a few girls in maths gossiping about her clothes and that apparently she’s a slag. I didn’t really take note of what they had to say because they were a bunch of bimbos. The lads were also talking about her in PE about obviously how stunning she was and how they’d fuck her, charming.

Louis, Zayn and Niall were still going on about her and pestering me on what she had said to me this morning on the parking lot. “Oh babe, I’m so out of your league.” I had those words replying all day in my head; girls swooned at my feet I mean I’m Harry Styles for crying out loud. She is defiantly in my league. 

“Hey lads!” we looked up to see Liam joining us at our table. It was currently lunch and we were sat at our table, the back corner by the large window. I was sat on the window sill while the rest of the lads were round the large circular table. I loved sitting up here, I could see everything, and everyone and I felt higher, more important than the rest. I was lifting my coke can to me mouth when I spotted her blonde curly hair bouncing through the crowds of students. She parted them like the red sea, all eyes watching her as she made her way towards our table. What the fuck! Louis looked at me in pure disbelief as Liam called her over to the table.  Once she’d reached Liam she turned and looked at us all before her eyes landed on me. That smirk was playing on her lips again and I just wanted to jump off this window sill and wipe it off her pretty little face. Whoever she was she got under my skin and I’d only come into contact with her two times.