11// Perfect Timing

I felt on top of the world walking into school Monday after my weekend with Chloe. Saturday night in my mum’s car was perfect. God I couldn't stop thinking about the way we kissed it was amazing. We'd been texting all weekend and I loved it. I was getting closer to Chloe and I don't know how? I'm sure if this will turn into something more than a friendship which I'm 100% up for put then there is Liam. God why did he have to be my best mate in situations like this. It’s never been like this before; none of us have liked the same girl. She didn't mention Liam in our conversations and I was wondering if she'd decided if she was going to go out with him or choose me and let me be her everything.

"Hey Harry where have you been all weekend mate!" My mates joined me as we walked up to the school steps through the parking lot. Zayn was to my left with his arm slung around Perrie. They were a well fit couple and I knew she made Zayn really happy and that’s all I hope for my mates. Louis and Naill are to my left and Liam is no were to be seen. We make our way jogging up the steps as some kids from the lower years hold the doors for us.

We stop at our lockers which are all together and I dump my bag in taking out a notebook and a pen. I turn around placing my back against the row of metal and watch kids scurry through the corridors in an attempt not to be late. I watch a young boy and girl in two years below holding hands and smiling at one another as they walk down the corridor. It makes me feel a bit sick to think that 15 year olds have a better love life than I do, and that’s when I spot her blonde, naturally curly hair up in a tamed bun. She was pulling different books out her locker and then placing them back in. She looked in a right state and it made me laugh as she hit her head against the metal door and then wincing from the pain it caused her. I pushed myself off the lockers and made my way over to her. I leaned against the neighbouring locker and smirked at her.

"I don't think hitting your head against the locker door has been one of your smartest moves," she laughed and turned back to study the inside of her locker.

"Thanks for pointing that out Harry," I laughed at her sarcasm and watch her as she began pulling books out her locker. "Do we have English today?" I nodded at her and she quickly grabbed her notebook before a small piece of paper fell to the floor. She was quick to pick it up from the floor and throw it back inside her locker. I didn't think anything of it as she slammed the door shut and leant back against it next to me. 

"Chloe can I ask you something?" God what was I doing, I never did this the girl would always, and I mean always come to me, but with Chloe there was Liam and I had to ask her what she said to him.

"Sure Harry, what's up?" I swallowed and looked down at my scruffy boots and then back up to her Chloe still watching me.

"Hey Chloe, alright Harry?" Liam had bounced over way too happy on the balls of his feet. Perfect timing. "Hey Chloe I was wondering if I could talk to you dead quick." He was speaking really fast and Liam only did that when he was nervous or excited. Chloe looked to me for permission to leave our current conversation. I nodded my head to let her go as she followed Liam into the open court yard in the centre of the school. I'll catch her later after English and question her on what's going on I hate being left in the dark.

*****

Soon enough the bell to end lunch came and we were all slowly making our way to English. I haven't seen Chloe since this morning and it’s been eating away at me to find out what's going on between her and Liam. I know I shouldn't pry into her relationship status with him but it is kind of my business. I mean we basically dry humped in my mum’s car while I gave her a love bite.

The corridors were emptying as I was taking my time to get to English as I've always done. I'm never early to a lesson; it ruins the image I've created. Just as I came through the cobbled courtyard to the main corridor Chloe was stood at her locker fumbling with the stupid lock. She began hitting the door out of frustration and ended up slumping down onto the floor were her head fell into her hands. She brought her knees close to her chest when I heard her first whimper.

I quickly ran and dropped to her side, shielding her whole body with mine to protect and comfort her. I shushed her and rubbed small circles onto her shoulders to release the built up tension.

"The … stupid … locker … won't … open." She told me through staggered breaths and in between her sobs.  I didn't believe for a minute that she was in such a state over her locker. In the past three days I've seen Chloe cry twice and I've comforted her twice which is something I've never done for anyone before except for my mum, but that’s one thing I wouldn't admit. I picked her body up off the floor and let her wrap her arms around my neck for support as I leaned her back against her locker. She was like a rag doll, every bone and muscle torn from her body and just the skin left to hang. I pulled back letting her rest against the lockers and catch her breath. I wiped her stained tears away and lifted her stooped chin. I placed a lasting kiss on her forehead and she let out a long breath before clearing her throat to speak again.  "We're going to be late … for class," she stuttered the last part trying not to meet my eyes. She picked her bag from the floor and went to walk past me. I grasped her arm making her turn to face me.

"We've already missed half an hour, and I have a question for you." She formed an 'o' shape with her lips before nodding. She followed me out into the courtyard and we took a seat under the large oak tree which was surrounded by a cool metal bench. We both took a seat, slightly inclining our bodies towards one another.

"Shoot," she told me to start off the conversation. I ran my hand through her hair and looked back to her.

"What did Liam say to you this morning and why were you crying just now?" she shook her head and gave me a small smile.

"I knew you were going to be asking those questions Harry."

A/N: Not the longest chapter I've done but I've been waiting to update all week! So happy to be half way through my alevel exams but they are a killer! Anyway I love you all so please keep voting for me and make sure you check out the taster to my new fan fic Drive! Not posting till summer when this should be finished but we'll see! Love you all xxx