A Christmas Carol Pt. 3

Later, the Doctors sonic screwdriver is dangling from a string passed through a lamp fitting in the ceiling and leading into where the other end is tied to the Doctor's finger, the three are in the cupboard.

"Are there any face spiders in here?"

"Nah, not at this time of night. They'll all be sleeping in your mattress. So, why are you so interested in fish?" {Y/N} asks sitting across from the Doctor

"Because they're scary."

"Good answer" the Doctor replies.

"What kind of ties are those?" Kazran points to their bow-ties

"Cool ones."

"Why are they cool?"

"Why are you really interested in fish?" {Y/N} asks.

"My school. During the last fog belt, the nets broke and there was an attack. Loads of them. A whole shoal. No one was hurt, but it was the most fish ever seen below the mountains."

"Were you scared?"

"I wasn't there. I was off sick."

"Ooo, lucky you. Not lucky" the Doctor says.

"It's all anyone ever talks about now. The day the fish came. Everyone's got a story."

"But you don't" there's a moment of silence "I see."

"Why are you recording this?"

"Do you pay attention at school, Kazran?"

"Sorry, what?"

"Because you're not paying attention now" {Y/N} says, something is tugging at the string.

"Shush," the Doctor says.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, are you sure?" Kazran asks as the two Time Lords stand up.

"Trust us" {Y/N} smiles.

"Ok."

"Oi. Eyes on the ties. Look at us. We wear it and we don't care. Trust us" the Doctor says.

"Yes."

"That's why they're cool" the Doctor and {Y/N} move out of the cupboard, a fish is investigating the flashing sonic screwdriver.

"Hello, fishy. Let's see. Interesting. Crystalline fog, eh? Maybe carrying a tiny electrical charge. Is that how you fly, little fishy?" the Doctor asks.

"What is it? What kind? Can I see?"

"Just stay there a moment" {Y/N} says.

"Is it big?"

"Nah, just a little one. So, little fellow, what do you eat?" the Doctor says as a shark swoops in and devours the little fish and the sonic screwdriver in one big toothy bite.

"How little?"

"Er."

"Can I come out?"

"No, no. Maybe just wait there for a moment" {Y/N} replies, gulping.

"What colour is it?"

"Big. Big colour" the Doctor says as they both run back into the cupboard.

"What's happening?"

"Well, concentrating on the plusses, you've definitely got a story of your own now. Also, we got a good look at the fish, and we think we understand how the fog works, which is going to help us land a spaceship in the future and save a lot of lives" {Y/N} says, as she and the Doctor try to keep the door closed.

"And I bet I get some very interesting readings off my sonic screwdriver when we get it back from the shark in your bedroom," the Doctor says.

"There's a shark in my bedroom?"

"Oh fine, focus on that part" there's a bang against the door, then quiet.

"Has it gone? What's it doing?"

"What do you call it if you don't have any feet, and you're taking a run-up?" the Doctor and {Y/N} quickly dive forward, the Doctor grabbing Kazran on the way.