27.

I had decided that maybe I needed time at home, time to myself. It was the Sunday after meeting Jasmine, two days since that scene. Henry had tried calling me hundreds of times, left multiple voice messages and countless texts. I couldn't talk to him, I was so angry and I had no idea why; it wasn't his fault. This morning I had gone to see Oliver to make sure he was okay with me staying at home, wallowing in my own self-pity; of course as usual I got the same witty response, and I quote "You don't think I can survive once day without you, Chloe?"

So here I am, in nothing but my dressing gown, my blanket, a tub of ice cream and romance films – The ones that you sit and blub to. I had already watched pearl harbour, 50 first dates, me before you and I was currently halfway through the notebook.

Of course sat there feeling extremely sorry for myself and not caring one bit. The weather was horrendous, if it wasn't raining it was snowing and it felt like we were in the middle of the arctic, so I wasn't complaining to be sat in my centrally heated house, wrapped up in my blanket whilst the weather raged outside. When I looked in my ice cream tub I realised that I had all but finished it before even realising.

I sighed and placed it on the coffee table, sitting back and sinking into my couch. I couldn't help but let my mind wander to Oliver occasionally, To Henry and to that silly Jasmine. She would get her karma soon; it will all catch up to her eventually. My anger rose as I thought back to her stupid face sitting there acting as if we had never met before.

The film was nearing the end when there was a knock on my door, I opened the blinds slightly to see who it was. Henry was stood there, in the pouring rain waiting for me to open the door. I rolled my eyes and went to the door, I opened it and let him step in so he wasn't standing out in that for much longer.

"Chloe" He started, water dripping off his clothes into my carpet

I held a hand out to silence him "Henry, I don't want to hear it."

"I spoke to Jasmine" He begged me "She told me that she knew you from a pub"

I scoffed "Of course she did"

"Then I saw the ring...Your ring" He sighed and ran a hand through his wet hair "It was her wasn't it? She's the one he did the dirty with?"

I closed my eyes, even though months had passed it still felt so raw; the emotions that flooded my body that morning "Yes"

"I'm sorry, Chloe." He put his hand on my arm "I really had no idea"

I started crying them and wrapped my arms around him, his clothes soaking my dressing gown as I wrapped him in a tight hug "I know you didn't. It's not your fault. I don't even know why I ignored you"

"Because you're hurting" He ran his hand down my back "You're hurting in ways that most of us will never understand, you're struggling to process everything that's going on, as well as coming to terms with the fact you're about to lose the man you love"

"Yeah" I laughed, sniffing I looked up at him "Who's the shrink now?"

Henry laughed and ruffled my hair like he used to do when we were young "I learnt from the best"

"I'm sorry" I sighed "I really should've handled things better"

He shook his head "In any case, I realised who she was, ended it and returned the ring to Ashton"

"Why?" I ran my hand down my face "Well, it was him who brought it and I didn't think you'd want it"

I nodded and apologised once again before he left to get back to work. After waving him off I returned to my seat on the couch and finished the movie. I must've fallen asleep before realising as I woke up to another knock on my front door. Assuming it was Henry again I went straight to the door to open it, I felt my jaw drop open to see Ashton stood there. His hair sticking to his forehead in the rain, hands deep in his jacket pocked as he stood there looking at me.