18.

Over the next month nothing really changed, Henry had really excelled in taking over dad's position as chief, I was so proud of him. He was such a natural born leader and the prison had never run smoother. I fell ever deeper in love with Oliver whilst Henry tried to battle keeping our dad and Oliver separate, they were in completely different units so it was only meal time that they could potentially come into contact. Henry made sure that if dad was going to the canteen whilst Oliver was in there, then Oliver as able to take his lunch back to his cell.

I had just finished my shift and said goodnight to Oliver, I grabbed my bag from my office and locked up. Henry was waiting at the main reception for me, he was coming over tonight and we had planned to get a take out together.

"Evening" He smiled "How was your day?"

I took a deep breath and nodded as we walked out into the cold evening air. Henry left his car parked in the car park and walked with me to my house, ever since dad had been put in prison Henry and I seemed to have rekindled the bond we once had. It was nice, I knew that my brother had my back.

"So, what do you fancy to eat?" I asked as we tuned onto the path towards mine

"I thought you would never ask" He grabbed his stomach dramatically "I've been thinking about this all day"

I laughed at him "There is an amazing Chinese that delivers to me, you have got to try it!"

"Look, Chloe. I haven't eaten since at least three hours ago, I could practically eat an entire horse" He laughed "You tell me what we're having and I'll be down"

I shoved him playfully with my shoulder as we turned down my garden path, I unlocked the front door and stepped in, kicking my shoes and hanging my coat up with my bag. Henry followed and did the same, closing the door behind him. I walked over to the couch and sat down heavily, kicking my feet up on the coffee table. Henry grabbed the tv remote off the tv stand and sat down beside me, flicking though the channels before settling on some film he was really into.

"So" I pulled my phone out of my pocket "Food?"

Henry nodded and made himself comfy whilst I sorted food out on the delivery app. Once finished I placed my phone down on my lap and sat back, I looked over at Henry who was staring intently at the tv "Henry?"

He looked at me briefly "Yeah?"

"Thank you" I said quietly "for everything"

He smiled and patted my knee "You know I'd do anything for you, you're all that I've got now...Also..."

I rolled my eyes, I knew there was another reason behind tonight "Right"

"Well" He scratched the back of his head "Two things actually, so, tomorrow is the day of love, y'know, valentines-"

"Yes" I narrowed my eyes at him, he cleared his throat and started to fidget uncomfortably "Well, I have the council members in tomorrow, so I need you to take a sick day...Please?"

"Why?" I objected "I can't just not go in"

"Please, Chloe" He practically begged me "Please, just for tomorrow. You know I'll look after him"

I turned my nose up at him but I didn't really have a choice, I huffed and nodded my head. He thanked me and cleared his throat again "There is one more thing, I'm kind of, well, I've got- I mean, I'm going on a date"

"What?" The shock was clear in my voice, my head snapped round to look at him. Did I really just hear that correctly? "You have a date?"

"Yeah" He smiled at me "Yeah, I do"