17.

I sighed before letting go of his face, I needed to get back to my room before Henry realised I was gone. I leant over and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead "I love you, Oliver Harwood. I guess I'll see you back at the prison"

He laughed "I'll be there"

I smiled and waved goodbye as I shut the door behind me. Quickly I made my way back to my room. I quickly shut the door behind me and got back into the bed. Henry followed behind with a cup of water, he looked at me in the bed and raised an eyebrow "Can you explain to me why two of Oliver's guards just came to me and asked what I needed them for?"

I shrunk under the covers "I don't know"

He sighed and placed the cup on the table next to my bed "Chloe, I'm trying to keep your secret here but you're making it impossible for me. I have taken over the prison now. I could lose everything, my job, my home. I could even lose you, you realise you could go to prison yourself?"

"I know" I closed my eyes "I know that"

I heard him sigh and sit back down in the chair, he looked at me as I reached for the water he got for me "We only have each other now, Chloe. I'm not about to risk losing you too"

"I love you Henry" I sighed "But I can't just switch off my feelings for him. I love him, more than I could ever even begin to put into words. I'm going to lose him in four months, four months, Henry, that's all I have. If I can't have him for the rest of my life, then he can have me for the rest of his"

I watched as he ran his hand down his face, his expression was sad as he looked at me "Okay... Okay, just don't be stupid"

A week had passed, I gave myself a week maximum at home to rest and let the stitches heal up before going back into work. I say it was my decision but, Henry basically forced me to take it off or I would lose my job.

I finally fobbed myself into the death row unit, my heart was beating so hard and fast. I hadn't seen Oliver the entire time I had been off, my longing for him was intense. I quickly unlocked my office and threw my bag in before as calmly as possible made my way towards his cell.

I pulled the door back and my heart nearly exploded out my chest as I saw him sat there, his unruly brunette hair stuck in all directions. He looked at me and a huge smile broke across his face, he stood and as soon as the door closed behind me he came over and picked me and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He pressed his head into my chest and took a deep breath "My god, I've missed you" He mumbled into my clothes

I smiled and rest my cheek on the top of his head, I inhaled deep and took in every bit of his smell. He finally put me down on the bed and I crawled next to him and laid on his arm, I traced the tattoo across the back of his hand. We laid in silence, comfortable silence. With my eyes closed I could imagine us at home, outside of the prison walls, laying together in perfect serenity.

"Chloe?" His voice cut through the silence, I had missed his voice. I had missed everything about him, I had only been away a week and my soul longed to be connected with his. How was I going to cope in three months, three cruel months.

I turned onto my side and looked up at him, he was watching me, a small smile on his face as I faced him "Yeah?"

He rests a soft and gentle kiss on the top of my head "Can you promise me something?"

I nodded, of course I would. I would do anything for him, anything that would make him happy. He looked away and sighed deeply before speaking again "When I'm gone-"

"Oliver, please" I sat up and looked at him, I could see the sadness in his face "Please don't do this, not now"

He sat up and took my hand in his, squeezing it tightly "No, you have to promise me you'll get out of here. You'll go and live your life how you want to live it"