22.

• 点播给 Shana!!!

Jeremy sat down on the other side of the cheap coffee table, he laid his laptop down and pulled a large stack of paperwork out from his brief case, I looked at Henry as he walked round and sat next to me. He gave me a comforting smile and an encouraging nod as I swallowed hard, Jeremy was silent as he got everything ready.

"Forgive me" Jeremy laughed lightly "This is the first execution case I've worked on"

I found no humour and gave a forced laugh "It's okay, take your time"

I wanted so desperately to run out the room, I didn't want to do this. I didn't want any involvement in this part, I felt like a traitor to Oliver. Jeremy did a few things on his laptop before looking over the paperwork, he finally sighed and looked at me "So, when you're ready shall we start?"

I suddenly felt an overwhelming queasy felling wash over me, I swallowed hard and felt sweat start to bead on my forehead "Yean, can you just excuse me for two seconds?"

Henry looked at me as I rushed out the room, my stomach was flipping, like it did just before you threw everything that was in it up. I went to the nearest exit point, the courtyard. A guard was stood beside and I asked him to let me out, I think he could see and hear the desperation as I pleaded with him. He used his fob and I yanked the door open so quick.

Once outside I leant with one arm on the wall and the other over my stomach, I closed my eyes and took a few deep calming breaths letting the fresh air calm my twisting stomach. I swallowed hard a few times, willing myself not to throw up. I could hear the birds chirping from beyond the walls, I soon felt the winter chill creep up on me.

A hand came to rest on my back, making me jump. I spun round and noticed Oliver stood beside me, I thought I was alone in here. Seeing him only made me feel ill once again, he looked at me as I stood there, my breathing began to pick up rapidly again. His brow was furrowed as he looked at me, taking in my obvious distress "What's wrong?"

I couldn't help myself, my legs suddenly gave way and I collapsed to the floor. I sobbed into my hands as I sat there, he crouched down in front of me and rest his cuffed hands on my knees, I looked at him through my tears. His face was full of concern as he looked at me "Talk to me?"

"I'm meeting with the governor today...Now" I looked down at his hands "I don't think I can do this" I said this more to myself than to him.

"Hey" He put his finger under my chin "It's okay"

I shook my head "But it's not okay is it? Me and you, everything that's happened between us and now I'm sat in there helping them get ready to kill you"

I watched as a multitude of emotions passed through his features before he sighed and smiled at me "Chloe, do you love me?"

"More than I can sometimes bare" I sighed

"Exactly" He squeezed my hand "Then I don't need to care that you're doing this, because I know it's only part of your job. I know the real you, I know how you really feel"

I nodded, about to speak when Henry came into the courtyard "Chloe, I need you to do this"

He looked at Oliver and I saw sadness in his eyes "Oliver, I'm so sorry"

Oliver stood and just shook his head at Henry "I understand, and so does she" He nodded in my direction

Henry came over and offered me his hand, I took it and he pulled me up. I sighed and looked at Oliver, I knew I had to do this. I looked at Oliver and nodded "I'll see you later?"

"I won't be going anywhere anytime soon" He laughed, I had always admired his ability to crack a joke at the direst time. We said goodbye and I followed Henry back into the staff room. Jeremy was still sat there, he smiled at me as I sat back down "Sorry about that, it's my first time too"