Chapter 10

Female Jesse followed Male Jesse, Ivor, and Harper into the cave. It quickly got dark as they headed inside, but they had some torches with them. As they started to descend inside, Female Jesse pulled out the journal with the notes. She found where her brother left off in the notes and continued to read.

"Be careful, it says that there could be traps in here," said Female Jesse.

"What kind of traps?" asked Harper.

Female Jesse did her best to read the notes, but there wasn't information on the kind of traps that were in the ruins.

"I don't know. This guy didn't take notes on the traps here in the ruins, yet, he's got notes on some other place. I don't know how it's connected to the ruins, but we'll just have to be careful to not die," said Female Jesse.

Ivor frowned and said, "Well, that was helpful."

The group continued onward. As they headed down the tunnel, they could see some skulls lying around on the ground.

"Really? More skulls? How many skulls will this place have?" Male Jesse said, forming an unamused look on his face.

"At this point, I'm bored with the skull thing than creeped out..." said Ivor.

"Guys, focus," said Female Jesse.

The group suddenly heard something down the tunnel. They stopped walking and spotted the doorway to another room. They quickly and quietly got up against the wall. Walking along the wall, Female Jesse peered into the next room.

There were some skeletons in the room, but they didn't look like regular skeletons. And they weren't wither skeletons either. The skeletons were carrying iron swords instead of bows, and they were actually wearing some bandanas with weird symbols on them. Female Jesse spotted a spawner on the floor, so that was making more of them.

"Okay, there's some skeletons in there, and there's a spawner on the floor. They're swarming the next room," she whispered to her friends.

"What should we do?" Harper whispered.

"I saw that we distract them, go for the spawner, and then kill them all," whispered Male Jesse.

"Here, we can use this to distract them," said Ivor. He pulled out another splash potion. A potion of slowness.

"Perfect. Just throw it in the center to get as many of them as you can," whispered Female Jesse.

Ivor quietly made his way to the doorway. The skeletons didn't see him or the others, so with his best throw, he threw the potion of slowness. It landed on the spawner, getting any skeleton right by it.

"Now!" shouted Ivor.

He, Harper, and the Jesse twins charged in. While everyone else took care of some of the skeletons, Male Jesse destroyed the spawner.

"Got it!" he said. He put away his diamond pickaxe and pulled out his sword. He started to slice some of the skeletons.

But something wasn't right with the skeletons. They weren't despawning. They broke down into a few bones, and a few seconds later, they'd come back all repaired, like they weren't attacked and broken down in the first place.

"Uh, these guys aren't dying!" said Male Jesse.

"Why aren't they despawning?!" Ivor shouted in frustration, as he sliced another one.

"There's too many! Let's make a run for it!" shouted Female Jesse.

She and the rest of her group continued onward down the tunnels. The skeletons couldn't chase them since they had to reassemble, so they quickly took the chance to hide before the skeletons could chase them.