Chapter 18

Now that the undead was sent back to their graves, and with Calvin dead, the remaining bandits gave up and surrendered. Beth and her people locked up the bandits in a prison in their village, while she, Max, Male Jesse, Ivor, and Harper took Female Jesse to their hospital for medical aid. The doctor said that Female Jesse was okay, but she would need to rest up a bit and drink a healing potion to fully recover enough to walk.

While he waited for his sister to wake up, Male Jesse looked through the atlas to find the portal. Thankfully, it was located near Beth's village, which would make the trip quick and easy.

The scepter was split into two, but if the pieces were left lying around, then the same problem could happen again. Beth and Max decided that they would figure out how to permanently take care of the issue.

Ivor and Harper were relieved that the mess with Calvin was over, but they were especially glad that the Jesse twins didn't die from the cliff fall earlier.

"You doing better?" Harper asked Ivor.

They were taking a walk through the village while they waited for news on Female Jesse's recovery.

"I'm relieved that they didn't die from the cliff fall, or in the temple," said Ivor.

"Actually, I was talking about you after getting stabbed and poisoned. You doing better?" asked Harper.

Ivor blushed and said, "Well, I'm not dead, so I'm pretty good."

Harper giggled.

"Ivor, if I recall, you told me something before the bandits last attacked the village..." she said. "And... I've been thinking about what you told me...'

"Y-you have?" asked Ivor. He was feeling really nervous.

"Yes," said Harper.

'Oh god. I'm going to get rejected...' thought Ivor.

Harper opened her mouth to speak, but before she could say something, they heard Max call out to them.

"Hey guys. Jesse said that his sister's awake," he called out to them.

Harper frowned, but she said, "Okay. We'll be over there in a second."

She tried to tell Ivor something, but Ivor started running over to the hospital. Harper sighed and said, "Interrupted yet again..." before following Ivor.

They headed to the hospital, where they saw Male Jesse giving his sister a hug, who just woke up.

"You okay, sis?" he asked her.

"Yeah. But wait, is the scepter destroyed?" asked Female Jesse.

"Yes. You managed to smash it to two pieces, and the dead went back to their graves in the temple. Max and I will worry about what to do with the pieces to ensure this doesn't happen again," said Beth.

"Though, what do we do after that? We've devoted our lives for protecting the scepter's pieces and ensuring that peace lasts," said Max.

"Why not go on an adventure together?" suggested Male Jesse.

"You two make quite the team, so you should explore your world a bit," said Female Jesse.

"That sounds like a good idea. I'd love to explore and go on an adventure," said Beth.

Max smiled at her and said, "I will do anything as long as I'm with you. I... I like you Beth..."

Beth blushed, but she smiled. "I'm flattered Max, because I like you a lot to..." she said.