Chapter 5

The Jesse twins and Harper ended up in a world that they didn't recognize. Even Female Jesse, who went on the crazy portal hopping journey, didn't recall coming to this world while she was trying to find her way home with Petra, Lukas, and Ivor.

The world that they ended up in was as sinister as the portal that brought them to it. It looked dark out, so it must've been nighttime. Harper pulled out her clock, but it stated that it was the middle of the day. And if the sky wasn't scary enough, the trees had no leaves and looked like there were dying. The dirt had no grass, and there wasn't signs of civilization around them.

"Well... this is... ominous," said Male Jesse.

He had no other way to describe their surroundings. His sister and Harper didn't have any other way to describe it either.

"You sure you saw Ivor get taken to this world?" Harper asked him with a confused look.

"Why are you questioning me? I'm surprised you don't remember anything about this place when you and the other Old Builders built the portal network," said Male Jesse.

Harper frowned and said, "To shay..."

"Can we save the bickering for later?" said Female Jesse.

"We know. We know. Ivor needs our help," said Male Jesse.

"Actually, I was going to say, 'Because there's some mobs after us!'" said Female Jesse, as she pulled out her sword.

Her brother and Harper turned around to see a few zombies coming up to them. Male Jesse pulled out his sword and helped his sister kill the zombies. Normally, it would take one swing, since their swords were diamond and had strong enchants, but for some reason, it took a couple hits for them to kill the zombies.

"Man, how can they handle the enchants on our weapons?" said Male Jesse.

"My clock says it's daytime. If this world is almost always dark, then the monsters here might be more hostile," said Harper.

They heard a few more zombies growl.

"There's so many of them!" said Female Jesse.

"Let's run for it! We can't waste time fighting them!" said Harper.

She and the twins turned around and ran away. A few zombies started to chase them, and they were pretty fast.

"Ah! They're so fast!" cried Female Jesse. She managed to barely dodge one that tried to grab her.

"AHHH!" cried Male Jesse.

One of the zombies grabbed him, and pounced on him! Harper quickly stabbed it with her sword and knocked it off.

"Come on!" she shouted. She helped Male Jesse stand up and they continued to run.

The zombies were still after them.

"Oh geez! These things are so fast!" cried Harper.

"I know! That's what I said!" cried Female Jesse.

"I won't watch World War Z for at least a month after this!" cried Male Jesse.

The three of them only continued to run, but the zombies were still after them. Harper spotted a cave, so they quickly dove for cover while they waited for the zombies to run right past their location.

"I think they're gone," Harper whispered.

"Uh bro, you don't need to hold my hand. I'm right here," said Female Jesse.

"I'm not holding your hand..." said Male Jesse.

There was a quick moment of silence as the twins and Harper froze in fear. Harper managed to pull out a piece of coal and a stick and crafted some torches. When she finished crafting them, the light from the torches enabled her and the twins to see what it was that was right next to Female Jesse. A witch was hiding in the cave, and it grabbed Female Jesse and pulled her away.