Chapter 17

The Jesse twins, Ivor, and Harper watched with horrified looks as the dead rose from their graves.

"No. No! NO!" shouted Calvin. "I wanted to revive my wife. Not wake up some dead beats!"

"Don't you watch the movies? Whenever you wake up an ancient evil, it'll turn against you!" Male Jesse snapped at him.

"Let's save that for later," said Female Jesse.

She pulled out her sword and charged for some zombies that were coming up to them. She slashed them but the zombies didn't take damage. All it did was knock them back.

"Get back!" Max shouted.

Calvin's bandits abandoned him and Beth, leaving them to fend for themselves with no defense since they took their weapons. The Jesse twins rushed in and helped them knock back the zombies.

"How do we kill these guys?" asked Male Jesse.

"They're cursed with the ancient sorcerer's witchcraft. You can't kill them!" said Beth.

"So we're stuck in a fight we can't win?!" cried Ivor. He and Harper fended off some of the zombies.

Beth eyed Calvin angrily.

"Calvin, give us the scepter. The only way to stop this is to break it back into two!" she shouted at him.

Calvin backed away.

"Not until I get my wife back..." he said, almost coldly.

"Don't you get it?! The scepter can't bring back your wife! It's just gonna allow these things to live!" Harper shouted angrily. She shot a zombie, but it didn't kill it. It just knocked it back a bit.

"Calvin, give us that damn thing!" shouted Female Jesse.

She started to chase after Calvin. Calvin angrily put the scepter in his inventory and pulled out her sword. Female Jesse slowly approached him.

"Give me the scepter. Don't make me kill you so I can dig it out of your inventory..." she threatened him.

"Like you'd kill someone for their inventory..." he sneered.

"You nearly killed my friends! I can easily take you out because of that!" she shouted.

She charged at him. Their swords clashed a bit.

While Female Jesse and Calvin dueled, Male Jesse, Ivor, and Harper tried their best to help Beth and Max fend off the zombies. It didn't help that they couldn't kill the zombies, and they were starting to increase in numbers as more got out of their coffins.

"It's no use! They just keep coming!" said Ivor.

"I'm not going down without a fight!" Male Jesse shouted, as he knocked back another zombie.

Harper gave Max and Beth some tools she had to use as weapons. It wasn't as effective as a sword or a bow and arrows, but it was enough to defend themselves. Beth used a pickaxe to knock back a zombie, but her tool broke.

"Beth!" cried Max. He rushed in and used an axe to knock back the zombies. He took Beth's hand and led her to a spot where they could climb up and get to safety.

"That was too close," he said.

Male Jesse, Ivor, and Harper weren't able to hold off the zombies anymore. They climbed up and out of reach for the zombies to.

"There's too many of them, and they can't die!" said Harper.

"God dang it, Calvin! Just stand down or you're gonna end up like your wife!" Male Jesse shouted angrily, as he turned his attention to the fight between his sister and Calvin.