Chapter One

"NOLAN?"

I heard a voice that was like the sound of many waters, I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me.

And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said:

"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

I knew who he was. Of course I do! This is Jesus! The one and only Jesus, the God of gods, the King of kings and the one and only Savior. During my life on earth I was a believer, a Christian, I believed in Him! And now I can see Him! I wanted to speak but I couldn't open my mouth.

"Nolan! I know what's in your mind. Do you know where you are? Do you know what you are doing here in My holy presence?"

He asked.

"Am I dead?" I asked.

After a few seconds I didn't receive an answer. Then something came into my mind! Of course!

"I am not dead! Because I remember that the priest told me that I have eternal life because I helped so many people! I gave money to the ones that were in need, I used to go to church every Sunday like your word says! And because of my good actions, I will have eternal life!"

That gave me more confidence. I may was dead for my family there in the world, but here I'll be alive for ever.

"Oh Nolan, Nolan. Have you not read? "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."

"What does that even mean?" I asked, my voice suddenly trembling.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

And that's when I realized that the life I lived, was not the life I should've lived.