Chapter Three

« Oh my God! »

Was all I could whisper, when I saw what I was doing in the screen.

Age: 18 YEARS OLD.

It was the day of my eighteenth birthday. I remember that day so well. The screen showed what my memory forgot. I was with my friends drinking alcohol, dancing, "having fun" according to what I used to think was fun at that age. I saw how I poured the cold drink into my red plastic cup before drinking it slowly, closing my eyes shut to get used to the unfamiliar taste of it. That liquid that my parents always told me I should stay away from. The liquid that looked like water yet tasted like poison for my soul. 

That's when I realized something else.

Even the small details were naked in front of Him. No human being could hide from His eyes. The Lord sees everything I do. Wherever I go, he is watching. The sins of the wicked are a trap. They get caught in the net of their own sin. They die because they have no self-control. Their utter stupidity will send them to their graves.

I wanted to look at Him but I couldn't. I felt too dirty to look at the one who was three times holy.

A few minutes passed and a Bible verse appeared on the screen almost burning me alive:

"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart." - 2 Timothy 2:22

I looked at the kind of friends I had, the kind of life I used to enjoy living and realized that my life was filled with youthful passions.

Dangerous youthful passions...