Chapter Seven

THERE HE IS!

His clothes they've torn, His nudity they've stole. He stood there still, hands trembling, feet hurting, tears mixing with his own blood. Tears of pain, tears of agony, He releases━ and just like that, He slowly breathes.

Look! Up there! There He is!

They broke Him without mercy, they slapped, they spitted, they punched Him on the face. They insulted, they injured, they smashed Him on the ground. Moans slipped out of His lips, He had no control━ and just like that, He looked up to the sky.

HE LIFTED THE HEAVY WOOD.

People followed behind, words throwed at Him. He walked, His legs almost giving up for the pain was too strong. Yet He still breathed. He breathed hope and love. The love to obey, the love to give Himself away. And that's what He did. He gave Himself to the authorities, He completely surrendered all He was.

They pushed Him, asking Him to walk faster, they wanted to already see Him dead. Death seemed to be their last need, it felt like they couldn't be in peace as long as He was still breathing the same air as them and walking on the same ground as them. Death was the food to fill their hunger. They just wanted Him to disappear, just like He appeared.

SOME PEOPLE WERE CRYING.

Salty tears fell on their cold cheeks, mixed with pity, pain and regret. They also followed behind, but the thing is that they weren't insulting or saying anything. They were speechless yet their tears and screams were enough to show their feelings.

"Look! They've crowned Him!"

One of the women in the crowd shouted, letting her voice to be heard. Effectively, it was true. He was crowned with the most painful crown. He was represented as the worst and most hated King. His crown brought out His pure blood, His whole head was now marked by this crown of thorns instead of glory.

HE STILL LIFTED.

He still lifted the heavy bourden, and it was still the beginning. Lust, gluttory, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride. All of these, He lifted alone. Who would help Him? Who could save Him? The truth is that no one could for He was the only one who could save Himself, Yet He didn't.

Why?

"Look! They arrived! This is Golgotha! The place of a skull."

Hammer and nails the soldier held. His palms were there, His feet were waiting for the next pain. But, you know, He didn't mind. He knew the price of those sins were death, He knew the source of those sins was YOU and ME and since He couldn't bear the thought of eternity without YOU and ME, He chosed the nails.

This was the beginning of the story of a God who allows Himself to be crucified on GOLGOTHA.

HE WAS CRUCIFIED.

The King of kings allowed the blood of His son to be shed because He knew that He was the resurrection and the life and he who believes in Him alone will live even though he dies and whoever lives and believes in Him will never die.

JESUS CHRIST IS HIS NAME.